By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - sick of MS dancing around problems

@twestern, if the RROD was fixed than that factory in texas where they send you a refurbish would have closed shop :)

Around the Network

Sorry, kinda off topic.
The verb, "to juice", is to do steriods?
Amirite or amirite?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

springy are you familiar with the 5th amendment ??? :)

thejuicingamer said:

I remember back when I had my original xbox about 4 years ago it would start smoking in the back where the power cable connected, shortly afterwards a story of how an xbox caught fire hit the media and MS started shipping out those new Power cables with the little buttons on them that did absolutly nothing to fix the problem since it wasnt the cable, and btw my xbox still smoked even with that new cable... anyway now we've got the 360 and every new model/chip in the 360 promises to be more reliable and all that crap but the issue is not the chip but the design that causes the 360 to overheat itself to death, i'm really frustrated about this.... and for anyone saying " oh the rrod % has gone down" thats not the case at all based on my personal accounts and 2 of my friends who both got the rrod off of new xbox's they recieved last christmas.. it's an epidemic.

Trolling? maybe

And do you have a link supporting your "facts"about the original XBOX smoking cause mine never did that...

Garnett said:

And do you have a link supporting your "facts"about the original XBOX smoking cause mine never did that...

well, there was the power cord replacement thingy they were doing.  i never had any issues either though.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Link for original xbox

http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/09/07/overheated_xbox_blamed_for_burning_down_home-2.html

thejuicingamer said:
a redesign is the rumored 540 that would include a blu ray player etc... and the new chips had no effect seeing as its no the chips that cause the heating, thats like saying an oil change fixed my flat tire, the problem lies with the compact design of it....

Have you ever studied anything about electronics?  Any circuit element with electricity running through it will produce heat, it's just the way of the world.  Since the chips have current running through them (edit: probably more than any other part) they are absolutely a source of heat.

jasper is the internal name of a redesigned 360 motherboard. The gpu has been process reduced from 90nm to 60nm. Several other refinements were made to the motherboard, with an end result of less hear and power consumed.

Heat was the primary cause of rrod.

typo in my post.... 65 nm, not 60.

crumas2 said:
jasper is the internal name of a redesigned 360 motherboard. The gpu has been process reduced from 90nm to 60nm. Several other refinements were made to the motherboard, with an end result of less hear and power consumed.

Heat was the primary cause of rrod.

actualy 16% of the failures were estimated to be RROD other failures were/are produce a bigger %

RROD is not only casued  heat problemsother hardware problems with the mobo may cause RROD.

and thats not pointing out rubberless samsung drives that scracth disc and other problems.