By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Where is my heavenly sword 2 ???

DMeisterJ said:
twesterm said:
DMeisterJ said:
Haven't we all learned that twesterm has a lot of hate for the majority of Sony's gaming consoles and products?

*cough* PSP *cough* HOME *cough* HS *cough* Sixaxis *cough* etc.

And don't warn me this time twesterm!

OT:

I hope we do, so that they can fix the shortness of the first one, so that I can see if I like this series or not.

It sold well, do it Sony.

Hey now, I'm currently playing a PS3 game and I'm even really liking it (except for the camera).  :-p

I do admit though-- I do think Home is pointless and the SIXAXIS is terrible.

Barely.

It's a multi-plat.  ^_-

But I still picked the PS3 version

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Staude said:
outlawauron said:
markers said:
@ twestern - did you even play heavenly sword? not only was there lots of fun good action there was a really good story behind it. told excellently if i might add. ive played this game over 3 times now and i cant get enough of it. a 2nd does not seem out of the question. but if they do make a 2nd it probably wont be till atleast 2010

He played the demo. He didn't play the actual game.

The demo in many ways leave one unimpressed.. especially with the length.. but i'm glad that didn't scare me off... the actual game is a gazillion times better.

My problems with the demo

• Quick time events
  • The quick time event in the demo was the worst one I've ever experienced
  • The game played itself (see the video in Konni's post).  I know there's a deep combat system blah blah blah, but there's no point when I can just mash two buttons and get the same result.
  • I'm already just not a huge God of War fan and this game was just a bad knockoff.
  • Then of course I'm not going to pay more than $30 for a game that's 4-6 hours long (nothing to do with the demo but on principle).

Trust me when i say that it's worth the money. Ofcourse opinions are different, but everything you list there isn't present in the game. (not in the way it was in the demo)

Quick time events do occour sure. They aren't great but you get used to them (it's mostly in a boss fight or something)

It's linear in the same way god of war is.. mostly. It's broken up in 6 sections that are each very different from eachother. A third of the game is played entirely differently then the rest, with either, a cannon or "kai" as you control her instead of nariku. A thing that should be mentioned is that you can't actually fight with kai and have to use her crossbow.

hmm.. it's hard to explain properly.. i will show you a few youtube videos if you don't mind watching:

First, the beauti that is the story. I never thought of it as simply a game but rather a .. movie where you were in control.. This is what cinematic gaming should be like. In my opinion.

This is a cutscene from a part where you play as kai.. how can you not adore her XD

To real gameplay though. This is one of the sections where someone plays as kai. Note that throughout the part where you play as her the way you have to fight these guys changes, but your main objective is to keep distance, though she can grab their shoulders and jump over them if they do catch up to her.

Arrows are controlled completely with the sixaxis..

It's Very fun :P probably the funniest part of the game.

The level design keeps mixing up keeping the experience fresh and keeps you getting new and different challenges.

This is a boss fight.. with nariku.

In either case no gameplay video will do the game justice.. but hopefully they can get you to atleast try the game out... Oh yeah.. and cannon sections although not shown.. are freakin awesome.. :p Controls like arrow sections though :)

Final mention.. Sixaxis sections of this game ARE EPIC.. best use of sixaxis like ever :P.. and by that i do mean that it's really cool controlling with the sixaxis.

Check out my game about moles ^

I'm pretty sure the game is really fun while it lasts but I don't see how someone could justify buying the game when they know it'll be done in 6 hours. You can beat it twice in a rental period if you're dedicated enough.

Signature goes here!

Staude said:
twesterm said:
Staude said:
outlawauron said:
markers said:
@ twestern - did you even play heavenly sword? not only was there lots of fun good action there was a really good story behind it. told excellently if i might add. ive played this game over 3 times now and i cant get enough of it. a 2nd does not seem out of the question. but if they do make a 2nd it probably wont be till atleast 2010

The demo in many ways leave one unimpressed.. especially with the length.. but i'm glad that didn't scare me off... the actual game is a gazillion times better.

• Quick time events
  • The game played itself (see the video in Konni's post).  I know there's a deep combat system blah blah blah, but there's no point when I can just mash two buttons and get the same result.
  • I'm already just not a huge God of War fan and this game was just a bad knockoff.
  • Then of course I'm not going to pay more than $30 for a game that's 4-6 hours long (nothing to do with the demo but on principle).

lots of crap

Aw, isn't it cute?  He thinks he's the first person to try and convince me Heavenly Sword was good!

Oh, so if I'm reading between the lines right, Heavenly Sword failed to sell enough to meet their goals so they're pulling the plug on it for the time being.

Meh, I'm sure there's a reason it didn't make back all of the money the devs spent on it. o_0

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network

@gebx - Why not? Heavenly Sword was such a good game.

Tbone said:
konnichiwa said:
markers said:

Yes he did:

Lol, never saw that video.

On-topic i wouldnt mind a sequel but i wouldnt miss it either.

That video is in easy mode, and near the beginning of the game. Play this game through the hardest difficulty and TRY and tell me you can go through it like that. It requires redicolous timing.

perpride said:
Tbone said:
konnichiwa said:
markers said:

Yes he did:

Lol, never saw that video.

On-topic i wouldnt mind a sequel but i wouldnt miss it either.

That video is in easy mode, and near the beginning of the game. Play this game through the hardest difficulty and TRY and tell me you can go through it like that. It requires redicolous timing.

See, you tell me that but the people I actually know in real life that don't have fanboy blinders on tell me a completely different story.

I'd much rather take the opinion of someone I actually know (who even loves the PS3) rather than some random internet person.

twesterm said:
Staude said:
twesterm said:
Staude said:
outlawauron said:
markers said:

• Quick time events

lots of crap

Aw, isn't it cute?  He thinks he's the first person to try and convince me Heavenly Sword was good!

lol theres no reason to be an asshole about it :\

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:
twesterm said:
Staude said:
twesterm said:
Staude said:
outlawauron said:
markers said:

• Quick time events

lots of crap

lol theres no reason to be an asshole about it :

Sorry, had actually meant to put the at the end so I didn't seem like so much of an ass.  :-p