By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft gets patent to block swearing in live audio streams

As long as this "feature" can be turned off and on. I don't like this kind of automatic censoring, being able to block voice from individual players should be enough for everyone.

Will you teach me to football?

Around the Network

i would love this as an option to turn on or off.....ike beeps for a radio edit

or even cooler a swirl of teh sound so you cant understand what it is

This is great. People shouldn't have to go through the trouble of muting people if they are using expletives. This is great for a number of uses.

Yea let's all support censorship.

My question is why should those who are of good character have to be blocked because of the bad character of others. This is what we should really crack down on. Underrage kids playing the game in the first place which I'm sure quite a few of yall already fit into. And of course human behavior in the beginning. An ethical and virtuous parent will raise an ethical and virtuous child. That is the real problem. Censorship is a bad solution to that problem.

SHMUPGurus said:
MrBubbles said:
kitler53 said:
sounds like a great idea!!

as long as the user has the option to turn this on or off i'm for anything that provides more functionality. and let's face it...no one likes that kid with the potty mouth.

sometimes they can be quite amusing

Oh really? NSFW maybe:

That's not a kid, I think he's in his 30s, he has some sort of disease that makes him look young.

Around the Network
matt247 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
MrBubbles said:
kitler53 said:
sounds like a great idea!!

as long as the user has the option to turn this on or off i'm for anything that provides more functionality. and let's face it...no one likes that kid with the potty mouth.

sometimes they can be quite amusing

Oh really? NSFW maybe:

That's not a kid, I think he's in his 30s, he has some sort of disease that makes him look young.

he looks young? O.o

you guys really shouldnt be insulting Rosie like that...she may eat you

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Zucas said:

My question is why should those who are of good character have to be blocked because of the bad character of others. This is what we should really crack down on. Underrage kids playing the game in the first place which I'm sure quite a few of yall already fit into. And of course human behavior in the beginning. An ethical and virtuous parent will raise an ethical and virtuous child. That is the real problem. Censorship is a bad solution to that problem.

Actually, there is absolutely no problem if it has the ability to be toggled.  Hear it if you want, don't if you don't.

JaggedSac said:
Zucas said:

Actually, there is absolutely no problem if it has the ability to be toggled. Hear it if you want, don't if you don't.

Maybe others are willing to be so easily censored but I will not.  I fight for my rights in every form.  It always starts with the smallest of things until eventually we get to Farenheight 451.

Zucas said:
JaggedSac said:
Zucas said:

Actually, there is absolutely no problem if it has the ability to be toggled. Hear it if you want, don't if you don't.

Maybe others are willing to be so easily censored but I will not.  I fight for my rights in every form.  It always starts with the smallest of things until eventually we get to Farenheight 451.

LOL.  You think there will be function creep in this?  Hell, I don't even think you can go around cussing in public.  Decency laws or something?