By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Powells's Endorsement of Obama

So is the Canadian government system in the same line as Nazi Germany or Communist Russia? According to you, we apparently are, but I have some good info for you, Canada still has a positive job creation direction, something the unregulated free market ideas in the US has not.

Around the Network
largedarryl said:
So is the Canadian government system in the same line as Nazi Germany or Communist Russia? According to you, we apparently are, but I have some good info for you, Canada still has a positive job creation direction, something the unregulated free market ideas in the US has not.

You are communist! Most of the of the 'first world' are communist!

The job creation in the US is very dependant on the STATE, that an unregulated market creates a sustainable job market is a myth. People believing that a free market is the best of worlds and the solution to every problem are probably stuck reading Ayn Rand and other highly imaginative depictions of the world.

Oh, and I don't think you should vote for Obama, because his arab tendencies are highly unpatriotic!

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

Final-Fan said:

(...)

2. Adam Smith

"I think a hybrid of his system is best. No regulation, but with strict oversight, which would kinda fit his system still because all oversight would be is protect the people."

This makes no sense. What is the difference? Are you saying that you want a system that identifies problems but is powerless to do anything about them?

I don't understand this "no regulation, strict oversight" thing either. Is it like having a policeman watching you being robbed and doing nothing about it?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

largedarryl said:
 Canada still has a positive job creation direction, something the unregulated free market ideas in the US has not.

I would be surprised if the demand for maple syrup ever decreases.

Jackson50 said:
largedarryl said:
 Canada still has a positive job creation direction, something the unregulated free market ideas in the US has not.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

Around the Network
Jackson50 said:
largedarryl said:

I think its actually in increased demand in Igloos.  Global warming is destroying new Igloos at an alarming rate.

Copycon said:
largedarryl said:

The job creation in the US is very dependant on the STATE, that an unregulated market creates a sustainable job market is a myth. People believing that a free market is the best of worlds and the solution to every problem are probably stuck reading Ayn Rand and other highly imaginative depictions of the world.

Oh, and I don't think you should vote for Obama, because his arab tendencies are highly unpatriotic!

I don't think I could vote for Obama if I wanted too ;)

largedarryl said:
Copycon said:
largedarryl said:

I don't think I could vote for Obama if I wanted too ;)

Sorry :P the last sentence was directed to all americans -- USAnians that is :)

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

NJ5 said:

Final-Fan said:

(...)

2. Adam Smith

"I think a hybrid of his system is best. No regulation, but with strict oversight, which would kinda fit his system still because all oversight would be is protect the people."

This makes no sense. What is the difference? Are you saying that you want a system that identifies problems but is powerless to do anything about them?

I don't understand this "no regulation, strict oversight" thing either. Is it like having a policeman watching you being robbed and doing nothing about it?

hmm, how do i put this using your cop analogy...

Regulation is like house arrest, you have a narrow amount of things to do and basically little freedom

Oversight is like being on parole. You are being watch closely and have a set amount of things you can't do, and if you disobey you get in trouble.

I guess a simple test is, Regulation tells what to do and how to do it, oversight makes sure you are not doing something you are not supposed to.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I think if Obama wins, you will see a lot more republicans open support him. For two reasons, 1. They care about the country, and want to put down fears and 2. they care about the party and want to shake the tarnish of the campaign off.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.