By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I figured out why Nintendo became so dominant in Japan

TWRoO said:
SmokedHostage said:
This topic blew my mind. Anyway, Rol, as always, your "I figured out why" topics have proven your genius. Make another one next week?

Next weeks episode: I figured out why my "I figured out why" threads have pushed DMeisterJ to the limit.

Genius!

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
SmokedHostage said:
This topic blew my mind. Anyway, Rol, as always, your "I figured out why" topics have proven your genius. Make another one next week?

Next weeks episode: I figured out why my "I figured out why" threads have pushed DMeisterJ to the limit.

The attention whore in me loves that idea!

DMeisterJ said:
TWRoO said:
SmokedHostage said:

I'm an attention whore.

Fixed.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
DMeisterJ said:
TWRoO said:
SmokedHostage said:

I'm an attention whore.

Fixed.

My name is DMeisterJ, and I approve of that fix'd-ing.

where is the popcorn!?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
where is the popcorn!?

I don't think RolStoppable "figured out" how to make that yet.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Well I agree with the OP that it´s because Nintendo innovated that they won over Japan, but they didn´t go against any japanese trend. They rather focused on something that would have a worldwide appeal, their games are nor western neither eastern just international or rather "Nintendo"-ish.

Also I don´t agree that japanese game developers have started westernizing their games. If you look back at the 80s and up to the late 90s, all kind of sorts of games came out of Japan that would be successful in the West but weren´t typically japanese. Especially in the arcades, Konami and Capcom made many games that people would nowadays consider western. But on consoles too, for example Resident Evil and Metal Gear/Metal Gear Solid have always been more western than eastern.

SmokedHostage said:
TWRoO said:
SmokedHostage said:

Genius!

I'm hoping it get canceled.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

this topic is a joke right ?

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

XiaoMay said:
this topic is a joke right ?

Actually no, read the first post and you'll get it.   This topic actually makes more sense than Rol's other "I figured out why" topics.

Pixel Art can be fun.