By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The point of view of a simple muslim on the LBP song controversy

markers said:
hpsack said:

Hi

As the title say, I'm a muslim and I thought that giving my point of view on this subject will help the community to know about the other side of the story, not only the one that spread now on the Net.

Yes, I listened to the song, and I love it, good tune, good lyrics, and I don't feel offended or discrimined or god know whatelse stupidity. Yes there are lines that can be foind in the Qur'an, but every religious muslim chant contain lies from the Qu'ran, many Eastern and Western songs has lines from Qu'ran, it' not a probleme in our religion, and even more in our society.

So I suspect that the request of removing this song from the game dosen't come from a muslim organisation or what else, but the remove was to not force people to listen to a song that contain lines from Qur'an, and that a valid point of view that I respect, If I was christan or buddhist I'll not love to know that my kids listen to lines from another Holy book.

I respect the move from Sony, but the only thing that I want to make clear is that this song is by no mean offending to muslim, but i may see that it offending to some non musilman that don't want to be forced to listen to muslim content, and everyone has the right to choose what to listen to.

Well thats my point of view and I guess that is the same thing +/- arround me.

Hope this help to make it clear to some people :)

PS: LBP WILL BE HUGE :D

shouldnt that be alah?

well for me it is, for you is another thing.

I have a Wii but I'am a moderate PS Fanboy Hoping for a PS3 price cut

Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet
to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.

Around the Network

Well said blackstar !!!!

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

starcraft said:
Wait. So you think that this was a conspiracy by Christians and Buddhists to pretend to be a Muslim Organisation to get Sony to delete the song?

No , I said clearly that I support this move by Sony, and I think that Sony played it safe and avoided any controversy thatca happen.

It's not a conspiracy and it's stupid to think that a conspiracy is launched using a game( even if it's HUGE!!)

The problem doesn't lie within the fact that all or even most Muslims would be offended by Qu'ran references in LBP music; the problem is that there may be a fringe element of radical Islamic persons who would feel a sense of outrage and might demonstrate that outrage. The move by Sony to delay release of LBP is a prudent one given the fact that the game is supposed to be one of the strongest Sony games for the year, and Sony doesn't need to stir up controversy when it can be avoided rather easily.

The whole thing is simple you dont mix Quran with music. Does not matter if the artist is muslim. Sony did the right thing with deleting the song. Dont like the whole idea to have religious lyrics hidden in a game.

Around the Network
Yojimbo said:
The whole thing is simple you dont mix Quran with music. Does not matter if the artist is muslim. Sony did the right thing with deleting the song. Dont like the whole idea to have religious lyrics hidden in a game.

neither me, no one have the right to impose a religious (lyrics, symbole,belief,...) on another.

good move by Sony.

but i may see that it offending to some non musilman that don't want to be forced to listen to muslim content, and everyone has the right to choose what to listen to.

Uhm... wha?

So this is because people who are NOT muslim may be offended by some lyric they don't understand, because it's in the Somalian language?

That's reaching for it.

Although you as a muslim, may not be offended by it (good!), the game is being pulled because of possible Muslim backlash, not because "some non-muslim may be offended by having to hear two qur'an references they wouldn't be able to comprehend anyway".

papflesje said:
but i may see that it offending to some non musilman that don't want to be forced to listen to muslim content, and everyone has the right to choose what to listen to.

Uhm... wha?

So this is because people who are NOT muslim may be offended by some lyric they don't understand, because it's in the Somalian language?

That's reaching for it.

Although you as a muslim, may not be offended by it (good!), the game is being pulled because of possible Muslim backlash, not because "some non-muslim may be offended by having to hear two qur'an references they wouldn't be able to comprehend anyway".

well suposing you're a good (insert any religion) and you played the game, you loved the song, the sentences got stuck in your head and you spend your day mumbling the lyrics (even if in somalian that happen) after 2 weeks of mumbling you discover that those lyrics are two line of another religion that you don't believe in, I bet you you'll be furious, if this happen to me I'll feel cheated, and that's exactly what I mean ;) .

I wouldn't feel cheated, because I couldn't care less about one religion or the other :)

Let's say I was listening to a Japanese anime song, and it was "haha, Europeans suck because they watch our shows. They can't do anything themselves" as a lyric.

1) I wouldn't know the lyrics anyway, and would just sing the song if it had a catchy tune

2) If I did find out the lyrics, I'd go "meh" or "hahaha, darn you, Japanese mofo's", not "WHYYYYY, you subliminal posters! I demand retribution" or something...

It's like what Eminem has said: He can't believe that people act the way he does in songs, or do the same things he talks about in songs, when he explicitely said it's just a song.

That's how this should've been approached: a game, with a certain song that happens to have certain lyrics.  A patch would've solved the problem, and the ones that keep saying that "people without an internet connection" would've suffered from this, the fact remains that the song is not understandable by 99.999999% of gamers (praise be to that one Somalian gamer and that one Somalian interpreter that understands it).

papflesje: lewl at the somalian example I can speak/understand somalian but I am muslim :P