By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Head of Xbox: Nintendo copied us

are they still complaining about this???

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

Around the Network

Desperate times indeed

Personally who cares dont like avatars anyways

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

OMG Nintendo you should be ashamed of yourself!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

So it took them around 3 months to come up with an answer.

I so "believe" this.

Around the Network

If something is successful, people will copy it. There is nothing wrong with taking a successful idea (Miis) and adding a variation of that to your system (Avatars).

Sony did the same thing with Achievement and Six-Axis. Nintendo should copy a lot of things from Live.

Just say: "People like Miis, but I think they will like our Avatars better." What does it matter who thought of it first?

Stupid Nintendo copycats. If it weren't for the Wii copying, Xbox would have should billions by now. Goes to show that when others are looking for success, they always have to copy the big M b/c they can't think for themselves.

Xen said:
Lol, MS blame others for copying. The irony of it all...

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Jackson50 said:
Am I the only one who thinks the concepts of avatars is so universal that it is lame to accuse someone of copying them? I feel the same sentiments in regards to Sony and the trophy system. Yes, Microsoft had achievement points before Sony, but offering achievement points is so universal that I do not consider it copying.
Lol, and I'm not complaining when I see other people on my online game with the same character model as mine. Seriously, Microsoft, get over it.

*sigh*