By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ten Week Countdown 2008!

^_^

Around the Network

Thanks skeezer.... I was expecting more for all three consoles in Europe.... has there been a downward adjustment?

Edit... yep, seems there has, especially for the Wii.

Looks like it won't make 2 million for the week.... so unless it goes up next week we will have mostly overestimated the Wii for the end of the 10 weeks.
Also BHR-3 will once again have the best Wii prediction.

I'm glad I didn't jump on the 2 million+ bandwagon.

Veggie said:

But you have the sales going up again next week, which I am still inclined to think is a mistake given that this graph:
http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=GC&reg1=All&cons2=PS2&reg2=All&cons3=XB&reg3=All&start=37899&end=37990

is the pattern of sales from Christmas 2003, chosen because the dates are in the same place (Christmas day on a Thursday) In fact, with the GC and XB.... that pattern is very nicely repeating itself so far.... the only difference is that the PS2 increased WW after black Friday, wheras the Wii did not.... I think that is perhaps because of 2 factors, one is that Black Friday has become much more important now than it was then, which means higher for that week, and lower for the week following it in America, the other is that the GC and XB likely only showed such a drop after BF back then because they were much more dependant on Americas sales.

This was why I didn't give a drop to the PS3 for the week after BF, but it seems I underestimated how big Black Friday is becoming.

TWRoO said:
Veggie said:

But you have the sales going up again next week, which I am still inclined to think is a mistake given that this graph:
http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=GC&reg1=All&cons2=PS2&reg2=All&cons3=XB&reg3=All&start=37899&end=37990

is the pattern of sales from Christmas 2003, chosen because the dates are in the same place (Christmas day on a Thursday) In fact, with the GC and XB.... that pattern is very nicely repeating itself so far.... the only difference is that the PS2 increased WW after black Friday, wheras the Wii did not.... I think that is perhaps because of 2 factors, one is that Black Friday has become much more important now than it was then, which means higher for that week, and lower for the week following it in America, the other is that the GC and XB likely only showed such a drop after BF back then because they were much more dependant on Americas sales.

This was why I didn't give a drop to the PS3 for the week after BF, but it seems I underestimated how big Black Friday is becoming.

I know, which may have been a bad judgement call on my part. I'm talking strictly this week.

Around the Network

^_^

Nice one Skeezer.... looks like the split big week has stopped the Wii reaching 2 million in a week.... that and the Wii with it's adjustments has been higher than evertbodies predictions for the previous 7 weeks, so it seem we just went in too low and expected a bigger jump, Nintendo have spread out the shipments more evenly.

DMeisterJ bests the PS3 predictions this week, and as PS3 is the major factor this means DMJ should have a good week again.

BHR of course gets the crown for Wii once again, I don't know how he manages it.... although it will be a slightly different story if the adjustments hold true.

And I top the 360 table, and should easily move into 2nd place for 360 overall. In fact I think I will be 14 points behind Skeezer, and for week 9 we have the same figure, so still 14 points...... In fact the only way I can claim 1st place is if the 360 gets exactly 350k for week 10.... because that would give me 0 points and Skeezer 14 points, meaning a tie for 1st place.

Time travel baby Time travel glad the wii didn't reach 2 mill but it beat the old ps2 record so i'll give it props for that next week will be interesting i think will have a good idea who will win this thing after next weeks #'s

Play Me

Could someone else possibly update the results for me, I have a lot on my plate at the moment.... Just copy one of the week tables from page 4
(here: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=45704&page=4 )
and change it to say "week 8".... then you need to work out each persons individual discrepancies.

It might be easier to put it in a spreadsheet or something if you know what you are doing, but I have been using a calculator.

Aawww.. I should have made my predictions. I don't think anyone expected the 360 to have such a huge surge of sales in the past 2-3 weeks. Predictions were a little off for that. Interesting though. I'll have to do this next year.

'gaming till I'm gone'