By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ten Week Countdown 2008!

TWRoO said:
No comments yet

Zucas should at least be here to brag about his victory this week.

By the way, with the X360 I think I have a certain 2nd place, as I have higher predictions for the next few weeks than most others, I have a small shot at 1st place too, but I think Skeezers lead might be too large.

Wii I think I will do ok, but it's hard to judge what's going to happen in the coming weeks tbh.... other than they will be huge.

PS3 I have the worst prediction for next week barring BHR-3, so I will likely fall further down for it.

I'll call myself out i really thought there would b a 80g bundle in NA with LBP or Rachet or Motorstorm or something like ther was in 07 with spiderman in the 40g wen i was thinking of that also the 360 wasn't tracked so high here on VG after the price cut then it got adjusted up so i was wrong i'll admit it but TWRoO raised his peak week for ps3 up so i won't lose much to him

Play Me

Around the Network

Just looked at the next couple of weeks #'s besides my 1 high week for ps3 the other 2 look real good for me i might be able to take 1st in the ps3 and hopefully hang on 1st with the wii

Play Me

^Yes the PS3/360 swap has caught everyone out, but I wouldn't have put so much faith in a bundle, because unless the bundle is actually cheaper than what the console alone was before it doesn't increase console sale much.

And yes, I increased that week for PS3.... I still had my mind set on the PS3 besting the 360 over the ten weeks in total, so for it to do that... my downward adjustments for the earlyweeks were off-set by the later weeks.

I may do something about combining PS3 and 360 to see if we were better with a Wii vs. HD battle (we just all assumed PS3 would lead the wo HDs, but it has falled below expectations by about as much as the X360 has risen above.... so perhaps combined it will show that we were really only messed up by that drasic change, rather than all just horrid predictors )

I can't believe how some of you guys predicted such well predictions. Either Luck, or extreme knowledge.. Well I sure had fun here, I can't wait to see my final position, hopefully it doesn't drop even more, that's all I can ask.

^_^

O yeah!

I ranked up!

Around the Network

Well after a little pondering I have come to a few conclusions. Oyvoyvoyvs last 3 weeks look pretty good, and I think he will pass Darth, and could pass DMJ in the overall ranks.

In the Wii ranks, I am pretty sure BHR will lose his lead to Oyv, and I might even pass him too because he could be a hug amount off for week 9 (I think Wii should fall between 1500 and 2000k for that week, so if it's at the high end he could gain as much as 50 points, which would let me catch up) Veggie I think should end 4th in the Wii table, as I think he has weeks 8 and 9 the wrong way around, although it could help him 1 week it would hinder for the other.
So for Wii I expect this:
1. Oyv
2. TWRoO
3. BHR
4. Veggie
(but Wii is the toughest to guess so it's not out of my expectation that any of those 4 could be above or below where they are by 1 spot.... so Oyv should be 1st or 2nd. I could be 1st/2nd or 3rd. Veggie could be 3rd or 4th)

For PS3 I thought my predictions looked awful, and assumed I would fall down the ranks, but then everyone elses is poor too... so I think the worst that could happen for me is Zucas passing me. And although BHR will lose a lot for week 8 with his 1000k, I think his last 2 weeks will enable him to pass Veggie and take 1st.
So for PS3 I expect:
1. BHR
2. Veggie
3. TWRoO
4. Zucas
(Zucas has a good chance to pass me though)

For X360 I have the highest prediction for nest week, and joint highest for week 9, week 10 I am unsure of how far it will drop but also where it will be dropping from, but either way it is likely to be atthe high end of our predictions, so I think I am in good stead for X360.... Skeezer however is almost assured top spot here. Veggie will stay ahead of BHR for sure, in fact if there wasn't such a gap I might suspect Oyv could catch BHR in the 360 rankings, but I think it might be too far, so Oyv will get 5th.
So for X360 I expect:
1. Skeezer
2. TWRoO
3. Veggie
4. BHR
(and Oyv in 5th)

-------

I don't have much to suspect in terms of overall, all I can say is that the PS3 rankings are more important because that is where over half of our points are being gained.... so although I am ahead of BHR and Veggie in Wii and X360, I may remain behind them overall as they will both have a lead over me for PS3.

*Brags*

Happy Twroo haha. My predictions have been pretty bad so haven't had many bragging rights.

Do you have any suspicions as to what may happen in the last 3 weeks Zucas? I think it is fair to say that for week 8 and 9 for PS3 it will certainly be the lowest prediciton wins, and I highly doubt it will remain above BHRs 320k for week 10 either. And for 360 it will be the highest wins, although there is a good chance week 10 it might come as low as 400k, which is below Oyvs 560k and right on Skeezers 400k.

Wii is the tough one to judge now, because in general we have been much better at predicting it, were were mostly low early on, but usually 1 or 2 of us have had predictions above the actual for each week.

Well I haven't really put too much thought into it. All I know is Wii is going to be a mixed bag in the 8th and 9th week. But we could see a lot of movement in the ranks over week 8 and week 9.

especially as some have stuck with week 9 being the largest, and some with next week.