By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Tax discussion thread (U.S. focused)

fkusumot said:
Kasz216 said:
fkusumot said:
Kasz216 said:

With our current system i'd rather have a progressive tax that provided universal healthcare then a flat tax that provided no healthcare.

How does that work? I mean, in action, what would that look like?

The healthcare?  I'd model it off the VA system.  It's ranks one of the best and one of the cheapest in the country.

(seriously how do you change number of posts per page.)

Nope, that's not what I'm asking. It seemed to me you said you would have one and "then" the other.

No, i'd rather have the first then the second.

However I do think you could accomplish universal healthcare along with a lot of basic needs taken care of the government with a flat tax.  If you cut down most of the spending the government does that it's not supposed to in the first place.

Around the Network

He's messing with you. You should be saying "than", not "then".

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I saw this image on another forum and thought some might be interested. It seems the "red states" benefit the most from "spreading the wealth around":

Right click and "view image" if you can't see all of it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957