By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sept Software Sales (US)

Note: Some of what you will read in this thread is My Opinion.

The Software sales are Key for developers, it's one of the first things they look at, and the last for many.

MS recently said that they have a record software attach rate of 8.1, that's big in many aspects. With over 1.4 million pieces of software sold, I don't think many would disagree.

Now with so many Wii's sold (every week) why is software still behind? I'm talking about with the install base, and the cheaper games, why is the attach ratio not as high? IMO I think people are buying it just to own it. I know a few people that couldn't wait to get a Wii, they tried everything, then after they got it they never play it. I'm not saying the Wii is a bad console at all I love it, I just think after some people get it and then they get bored with it.

PS3 needs to start selling Software, not using the "wait for (fill in blank here)" but they need to really start making a push ifor the sake of it's Attach Rate. Not only do Dev's look at the numbers (exclusives), but Shareholders as well.

Total Software Sales for US Alone. (NPD)

1,494,000  Xbox

1,337,000  Wii

325,000     PS3

158,000     PS2

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

why are you only using the top 10 to get total software sales? That makes no sense at all.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

@sega4life:

PS3 needs to start selling Software, not using the "wait for (fill in blank here)" but they need to really start making a push ifor the sake of it's Attach Rate. Not only do Dev's look at the numbers (exclusives), but Shareholders as well.

So you don't know how much software was sold for PS3 last month, do you?

Also September was 360 price cut month and had more releases for the 360 than most months...

Well, your opinion is wrong.

Why the hell are you going by US alone numbers to see whether a developer would want to put it on Ps3 or X360? It makes no sense, unless you're trying to push an opinion.

Total Software Sales for the whole world (VGC), last 3 months. 

17,947,000 Xbox

26,001,000 Wii

12,458,000 PS3

And who the heck gives a damn about attachment rate?

Anyway, for Others.

X360 needs to start selling Software, not using the "wait for (fill in blank here)" but they need to really start making a push ifor the sake of it's Attach Rate. Not only do Dev's look at the numbers (exclusives), but Shareholders as well.

An average Wii owner buys 38% more games there than an average X360 owner.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

After Sony there was some 1.78 million PS3 games sold for the month....selling nearly half a million games weekly isnt half bad.

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Well, your opinion is wrong. #1

Why the hell are you going by US alone numbers to see whether a developer would want to put it on Ps3 or X360? It makes no sense, unless you're trying to push an opinion.

Total Software Sales for the whole world (VGC), last 3 months. #2

17,947,000 Xbox

26,001,000 Wii

12,458,000 PS3

And who the heck gives a damn about attachment rate? #3

Anyway, for Others.

X360 needs to start selling Software, not using the "wait for (fill in blank here)" but they need to really start making a push ifor the sake of it's Attach Rate. Not only do Dev's look at the numbers (exclusives), but Shareholders as well.

An average Wii owner buys 38% more games there than an average X360 owner. #4

#1) "Opinion. View. Belief. It is the ultimate irony to make the statement "Your opinion is wrong," because an opinion can't be wrong. It can be disagreed with, but it can't be incorrect because it is simply one's personal view."  I actually made a (NOTE:) in the beginning to deter from the (B & M that is expressed above).

#2) I picked US because it's my thread, if you want WW sales then by all means make a thread and B & M all you want. Also I'm using NPD.

#3) Attachment is key to Developers, and Companies like Nin, Sony, MS. If a system/handheld doesn't sell software, it deters Devs from making certain games exclusives, and in turn:  to make a larger profit they go multi-platform, believe it or not it is about the money sometimes.

#4) 38% more? Link me please.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

@sega: You aren't using NPD, you are using NPD top 10 which is higly discriminative for "weaker" consoles.

You apperently don't know how many pieces of software was sold on PS3 in US last month. It was 1.7 mln going by NPD. Quite a difference compared to your 325k isn't it?

All I can say is I have 2 xbox 60's and 46 games so I have a good attach rate..

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

sega4life said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Well, your opinion is wrong. #1

Total Software Sales for the whole world (VGC), last 3 months. #2

17,947,000 Xbox

26,001,000 Wii

12,458,000 PS3

And who the heck gives a damn about attachment rate? #3

Anyway, for Others.

An average Wii owner buys 38% more games there than an average X360 owner. #4

#1) "Opinion. View. Belief. It is the ultimate irony to make the statement "Your opinion is wrong," because an opinion can't be wrong. It can be disagreed with, but it can't be incorrect because it is simply one's personal view."  I actually made a (NOTE:) in the beginning to deter from the (B & M that is expressed above).

#2) I picked US because it's my thread, if you want WW sales then by all means make a thread and B & M all you want. Also I'm using NPD.

#3) Attachment is key to Developers, and Companies like Nin, Sony, MS. If a system/handheld doesn't sell software, it deters Devs from making certain games exclusives, and in turn:  to make a larger profit they go multi-platform, believe it or not it is about the money sometimes.

#4) 38% more? Link me please.

1. I know. That's exactly why I said it. You're using it as a defence, because you know what you're saying is going to get flamed. I have no respect for such people, as they do not stand by what they say. They are hypocriths.

2. Read my lips. "Why the hell are you going by US alone numbers to see whether a developer would want to put it on Ps3 or X360? It makes no sense, unless you're trying to push an opinion." I wrote that. It may be your thread, but that doesn't give you the right to be ignorant.

3. Total software is what is important. Nobody gives a damn about the attachment rate. It's a way to fake the information. And no, it isn't somethmes about the money, it's always about the money.

4. Sure thing dollface.  http://vgchartz.com/eweekly.php

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS