By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor : MS crippling the smaller developer.

twesterm said:
If you can't ship more than 50,000 units then why are you making a console game? Make an XBL game.

Yup

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network
starcraft said:
How could one make a retail game for an HD system that wasn't required to sell 56k for a profit?

Just curious did your 56k sales come from a weird brain association with 56k modems?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
starcraft said:
How could one make a retail game for an HD system that wasn't required to sell 56k for a profit?

Just curious did your 56k sales come from a weird brain association with 56k modems?

im assuming it cam from 50k + 6k = 56k thats called math btw

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Everstar said:
TruckOSaurus said:
starcraft said:

im assuming it cam from 50k + 6k = 56k thats called math btw

That makes more sense... I didn't factor in the Japan copies. Silly me!

Signature goes here!

@Trucko LOL , you could have a promising career in the SDF . I see potential in you.

Around the Network

It's just a rumor, like motion control, blu-ray, that sept. 25th rumor, having 3rd parties make 360s, or any of those other 100s of rumors. Small developers usually will make XBLA games since retail games are expensive to make.

Imperial said:
@Trucko LOL , you could have a promising career in the SDF . I see potential in you.

I'm not too sure if that's a compliment... still I'll take it.

Signature goes here!

releas on the psp/ds/ps2/psn/xbla/Wiiware instead. I don't know why the 360 has so many games released in Japan its like an excercise in futility.

What about games like Spectral Force and Operation Darkness? Those were barely even close to 50k, atleast Operation Darkness.

Some games have a very small budget and could probably get away with selling under 50k units.

It's just that simple.

The cheapest platform is pc, but if you must be on something else xbl or ds is probably the best way to go atm for the small developer.