By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - It is almost official: US to be out of Iraq by 2011

US negotiators in Iraq completed a S.O.F.A. with the Parliament that defines the US role in Iraq.  Currently the Iraqi Police Force controls 11 of 18 provinces with more being handed over next year. 

The MSM will not cover the drop in violence though...

http://abcnews.go.com/International/Story?id=6052522&page=1

Around the Network

well Joe the Plumber was just on CNN saying how his friends come back from iraq and talk about how much thanks they get for being there. so its not like the media avoids all good things said about iraq

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
well Joe the Plumber was just on CNN saying how his friends come back from iraq and talk about how much thanks they get for being there. so its not like the media avoids all good things said about iraq

True, though it seems as if they try real hard to avoid it sometimes...most of what you hear about Iraq is the death toll, who died today and about a bomb exploding.  No one wants to mention about how many schools we build, or bridges we repair, or lives we rebuild...

The only place I see good news is occaisionally on documentaries on 20/20 or something similar...there needs to be more good news dammit :D

Bubbles -- Media covers stuff only when it gets ratings or is convenient. Joe Wurzenberger was just the main act today.

This is a must watch for good news out of Iraq--  http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6043729

And if that's indeed true, then the ancient Mayans were correct in their prediction that the world will end in 2012.

Around the Network

UN 2324- What does the Mayan prophecy have anything to do with this?

halogamer1989 said:

His expressing his thoughts on the matter in hand. It makes a lot of sense if you get it.

Sephiroth357 said:
halogamer1989 said:

His expressing his thoughts on the matter in hand. It makes a lot of sense if you get it.

I know a lot about the Mayan long count/short count and their respective prophecies concerning the 4th age.  It is also Biblical in reference, as well.  Still it may have been a little off topic.

halogamer1989 said:
Sephiroth357 said:
halogamer1989 said:

I know a lot about the Mayan long count/short count and their respective prophecies concerning the 4th age.  It is also Biblical in reference, as well.  Still it may have been a little off topic.

It may be off topic, but it fits in very well.

And not a day soon enough. If McCain really wanted to cut spending, he would get us out of Iraq. 2 months in Iraq costs more than ALL the pork barrel spending passed in Congress for an entire year.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson