By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why did you dont buy a PlayStation 3

because it only has like 2 or 3 games I do like..all of them non exclusives. While the wii has like 5-10 games I do like. so do the math...

Around the Network
volcatius said:
Because Sony treated me, as a European customer, like shit.
Whenever i was thinking about buying a PS3, Sony screwed me.
We were the last to get the PS3.
We were the ones who had to pay the most for it (€600/$800).
We got a lousy 40GB without BC (and of course, we still paid the most: €400/$550).
We were the garbage dump for the Sixaxis.
We got laughable bundles (MGSIV with 40GB, no BC and a Sixaxis, compared to a US bundle 80GB, BC, Dual Shock 3 that was even cheaper).

That's actually one of the main reasons I'm disliking Sony so much this gen. They've treated Europe like shit. You failed to mention that ON TOP of paying more for the console than any other of the main markets, we also were the only market to be delivered the gimped half-BC ps3. Only Japan and the States got the launch ps3's with both ps2's chips. Talk about total ripoff man.

Basically, the only reason the ps3 has survived has been because of the strong european sales - considering both that the euro has been very strong these years and that we got dumped the cheapest ps3's and that we were paying the most per console I wonder what % of revenue has come from the eurocontinent. And on top of all that, we still get the raw end of the deal (see the difference between the mgs4 bundles, for example).

Despicable.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Can't we give the guy a break. We all know what he means. English is one of the hardest languages to learn. I don't think we need to stoop down to GT Forum levels. VGC forum is used internationally. We need to treat our members nicely. FFS! it's just a word guys!!!

My question would be 'Why didn't you buy a PS3' :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

finalsquall said:
Can't we give the guy a break. We all know what he means. English is one of the hardest languages to learn. I don't think we need to stoop down to GT Forum levels. VGC forum is used internationally. We need to treat our members nicely. FFS! it's just a word guys!!!

Sadly, this is mostly a false statement.

English isn't like French, where you have genders to consider. ''A table'' doesn't have a gender in english, but in french, ''Une table'' is considered female, and then verbs come into play, etc. I could give a few other examples, but let's just say the english language doesn't have a lot of stupid rules to follow compared to other languages like Spanish and French! =P

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I did do buy a PS3

F.U. Fun University.

Around the Network
SHMUPGurus said:
finalsquall said:

English isn't like French, where you have genders to consider. ''A table'' doesn't have a gender in english, but in french, ''Une table'' is considered female, and then verbs come into play, etc. I could give a few other examples, but let's just say the english language doesn't have a lot of stupid rules to follow compared to other languages like Spanish and French! =P

I don't know. My car is a girl :P

I guess in english the same sounding word can mean different things. I.e. there,their, they're - we have alot of words that sound the same and mean different things. So, in that respect I believe it makes English hard.

My overall point is lets not put members down because of their grammar.  We are all different ages, backgrounds etc  It's so easy to criticize - yet not know how difficult it could be for people to post. We have to stop being so 'high and mighty'.

We all know that titles cannot be edited after a typeo!  Which sucks!!!  That could be the case in this instance.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Its just too expensive. Why should i pay 600euros (@ launch; thas $800 !!!) when i can get a 360 for 400euros ($536)? There is no point for paying 200euros ($270) more for less games, a not so good online experience and the same graphics (!).

Also i got the hd dvd player for 10euros (thats $13,41) and all the hd dvds for around 5euros ($6,70 each). And if i want to watch a new movie i just download it from the marketplace, no need for blu-ray player for me.

Thought, i would by a ps3 for 200euros... but i think this will take some years (2 or 3?) till the ps3 costs that less euros ;)

Video: Samsung 37" LCD, Topfield 7700HSCI (HD-Sat), Denon DVD-2500BT (BluRay), Denon DVD-1940 (DVD)
Audio: Teufel System 5 THX @ Denon AVR 1910
Consoles: Homebrew Xbox 360 (500GB), Xbox 360 Slim (4GB) + Kinect, Homebrew Nintendo Wii, Homebrew Playstation 3 Slim (250GB)

A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him - BELIEVE

I did I don't buy PS3 for the unlack of not-good un-games and the price not-un-good-bad-un-don't-good.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

finalsquall said:
SHMUPGurus said:
finalsquall said:

I don't know. My car is a girl :P

I guess in english the same sounding word can mean different things. I.e. there,their, they're - we have alot of words that sound the same and mean different things. So, in that respect I believe it makes English hard.

My overall point is lets not put members down because of their grammar.  We are all different ages, backgrounds etc  It's so easy to criticize - yet not know how difficult it could be for people to post. We have to stop being so 'high and mighty'.

We all know that titles cannot be edited after a typeo!  Which sucks!!!  That could be the case in this instance.

I agree 100%.  We need to be a bit more grown up about such things.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Rather, SHMUP, finalsquall is right. English is considered one of the most difficult languages to learn. It may not have goofy rules about gender, no, but it instead has even more pronouns, it has a fairly complex grammar (partially in that there are a variety of ways things can be stated, yet there are still many, many ways to be wrong), it has an even more complex phonics rule set, and the list goes on.

You see, English has a far more complex history than most other languages. It has a very heavy influence from German and French mainly, but it also has a heavy influence from Latin, and it borrows words from Chinese, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, various Native American languages, and basically every single language it ever comes into contact with.

And instead of "customizing" these words to fit the language (ie, like Japanese usually does with English terms it borrows), the words end up spelled (mostly) the same, and the pronunciation sometimes stays like it was in the original language, sometimes becomes altered to fit English phonics. There's no way to know which will apply - experience is the only way to know the pronunciations of the vast majority of English words, especially our complicated ones.

Other languages... aren't like that. Nearly every single other language in the world has set rules of phonics, and it's rather simple to know the pronunciation of ANY word after learning those rules. This, and our rather complicated set of grammar rules, is why English is difficult to learn as a second language. Those of us born into speaking English are just conditioned to think this way and we don't realize how complicated it is. But think about it - you spend every single year of school until graduation taking either reading, writing, or grammar classes (and sometimes all three). Other languages pretty much don't have that.

I assure you - English is incredibly difficult.

SW-5120-1900-6153