By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - A shot in the dark but.....

Your console breaks, you send it in, MS sends you back a refurbished one so you don't have to wait for it to be repaired. Yours get repaired and then is sent to someone else who just sent theirs in.

It's a cycle, they're not just stockpiling all the ones that have been sent in forever.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network
Three6T said:
Ender said:
This thread is really stupid and has no basis in fact. Why even entertain these silly conspiracy theories?

/thread over

Well look at it this way...what about all the MGS4 threads about it being released or not released on the 360?  One of them will prove true one of them wont.  So why entertain either one?  Your opion on this thread being "really stupid" is appreciated though. :)

I think all those redunent threads are lame to, and if I were a mod I'd lock or merge them. 

Let's set the bar higher.

MrBubbles said:
Three6T said:
Ender said:
This thread is really stupid and has no basis in fact. Why even entertain these silly conspiracy theories?

/thread over

Well look at it this way...what about all the MGS4 threads about it being released or not released on the 360? One of them will prove true one of them wont. So why entertain either one? Your opion on this thread being "really stupid" is appreciated though. :)

most of those threads have something more than your wild, random, speculation for which you have no reason to actually believe what you do.

Actually I do have reason to speculate.  Microsoft is in a class action lawsuit mainly because they knowingly sent out faulty hardware just to keep it's competition afloat.

oic what your saying 1+1=waffles. makes perfect sense

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
Microsoft generally sends out refurbished units for replacements

That and they sell them to other places to actually sell as refurbished replacements.  You can get a refurbished 360 for a good deal.

Around the Network

Absolutely not. Refirbs are for replacement only.

king_of_the_castle said:
Your console breaks, you send it in, MS sends you back a refurbished one so you don't have to wait for it to be repaired. Yours get repaired and then is sent to someone else who just sent theirs in.

It's a cycle, they're not just stockpiling all the ones that have been sent in forever.

Which is why you could see my point.  They repair broken 360's that have suffered from the RROD.  Someone here just told me it's not possible but....to tell you the truth,  I really did beleive them when they told me they were sending me a "completely new one."

MrBubbles said:
oic what your saying 1+1=waffles. makes perfect sense

lol.  that was funny.

Three6T said:
king_of_the_castle said:

Which is why you could see my point.  They repair broken 360's that have suffered from the RROD.  Someone here just told me it's not possible but....to tell you the truth,  I really did beleive them when they told me they were sending me a "completely new one."

I'm sorry, but I don't see your point.  Why would they send brand new units to people sending them in for repair and then sell refurbished as brand new?

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

king_of_the_castle said:
Three6T said:
king_of_the_castle said:

Which is why you could see my point. They repair broken 360's that have suffered from the RROD. Someone here just told me it's not possible but....to tell you the truth, I really did beleive them when they told me they were sending me a "completely new one."

I'm sorry, but I don't see your point. Why would they send brand new units to people sending them in for repair and then sell refurbished as brand new?

Well first I never said they send brand new units to people sending them in for repair,  I said I thought they were genuine when they tole me they did.  I do understand that they actually send you a refurbished one which led to MY POINT of being that if a RRoD system can still be used why not sell them as brandf new?