By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OMG Hudson making a horror Wii game for the Wii "the calling" :O

senortaco said:
BrainBoxLtd said:
Xen said:
Wow.

This can't be Deca Sports Hudson, can it?

I guess they decided to take Mario Party 9 in a different direction. =P

Seriously it is odd to think this game is coming from Hudson Soft. Still the Wii seems to enable some developers to be more bold. High Voltage is an obvious example. The people who made De Blob are actually the same people who were making THQ's budgeted Nicktoon games for the last five years.

I Agree. I'm very curious as to why this is? When I think Hudson soft i think Bomberman, lol. I was surprised to find out the team that does all those medicore Spongebob games made De Blob...

It's another symptom of high HD game development costs. All the largest dev teams are working hard on HD content, but there's an obvious lack of development going on in a lot of traditionally good-selling genres on the Wii. Since the big teams are busy, publishers have to scrounge up smaller teams (who have historically worked on licensed/children's games) to fill the gap.

Some of these smaller teams, Like Blue Tongue and High Voltage, are really stepping up to the challenge. This is their ticket to escape working on tightly restrictive (in time, budget, and creativity) licensed dreck and start doing projects they enjoy. Others are just making more dreck, like Brothers in Arms: Double Time, and its probably limits imposed by the publisher which are most to blame.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

hey man those videos aren't up anymore is there somewhere else i can see them?

I call it : Kenji Eno's new Wii game.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Well the game is real acording to Hudson, but they said that the footage was stolen from one of their serves:
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/10/16/rumor-footage-for-new-horror-title-from-hudson-update/

yo that shit looks awesome

Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:
Well the game is real acording to Hudson, but they said that the footage was stolen from one of their serves:
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/10/16/rumor-footage-for-new-horror-title-from-hudson-update/

Awesome and low at the same time.  But sometimes this is done at viral marketing so who knows what the real deal was.  But another Survival horror game for wii.  Yes plz haha.

Darn, I wish I had gotten to see the videos. As it now, all I get to see is the three still shots before you click it only to find out the video is no longer available.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

coasterlove said:
Darn, I wish I had gotten to see the videos. As it now, all I get to see is the three still shots before you click it only to find out the video is no longer available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUUVcJUEP-M

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Thanks celine. The preview looks creepy. One thing that bugged me and hopefully would be changed is the hand on the screen. I think it would be more effective if it was your "own hand" reaching for stuff instead of a little hand icon. Other than that, it looks very good. I'm not sure how it will do outside Japan because right now, it does look centered in Japanese culture and there haven't been many games like that that have done well outside Japan.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

coasterlove said:
Thanks celine. The preview looks creepy. One thing that bugged me and hopefully would be changed is the hand on the screen. I think it would be more effective if it was your "own hand" reaching for stuff instead of a little hand icon. Other than that, it looks very good. I'm not sure how it will do outside Japan because right now, it does look centered in Japanese culture and there haven't been many games like that that have done well outside Japan.

I like the way you think, but wouldn't it be kinda weird if your avatar was walking around with his hand in front of him all the time? Maybe it would help him blend in with the zombies...

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.