By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you know JOE THE PLUMBER?

"I just hope I'm not making too much of a fool of myself."

Given these new developments, Mission Accomplished!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
"I just hope I'm not making too much of a fool of myself."

Given these new developments, Mission Accomplished!

No doubt.  Looks like it's current taxes that will prevent him from getting that buisness.  Not Past ones.

Still the overall point does remain despite the douchbaggery of the person who brings it up.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Joe the Plumber's mad about taxes because he doesn't even pay them.

He owes $1,182.98 in back taxes in Ohio.

And his real name is Samuel J. Wurzelbacher.

What a fucking sham.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=ak7GnW2GiKF4&refer=home

Indeed.  At least find a guy who is actually named Joe...and one who isn't avoiding his taxes...

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I bet "Joe" is saying to himself, "Thanks a lot McCain".

I wish the left would not resort to charater assination at all times. This guy is not a politician, his personal life needs to be left alone.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

It's not the left assassinating his character. It's the media wondering why McCain mentioned a guy about 4 billion times during a debate, and then looking the guy up. It's not the left's fault or the media's fault that the guy doesn't pay his taxes and then goes to rallies to ask candidates questions about the taxes that he doesn't pay.

McCain wants Joe to come campaigning with him, but he's actually too busy being flown to New York for interviews. It's McCain's fault for making the guy famous, which brought the skeletons out of the closet, but now the guy's famous. He'll be okay. Maybe he'll get a book deal out of this or something, hahaha.

Oh he is real, I thought it was an made up person.

tokilamockingbrd said:
I wish the left would not resort to charater assination at all times. This guy is not a politician, his personal life needs to be left alone.

You wish the LEFT wouldn't resort to character assassination all the time?  Did you sleep through the 2004 campaign?  Are you sleeping through THIS campaign? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

You wish the LEFT wouldn't resort to character assassination all the time?  Did you sleep through the 2004 campaign?  Are you sleeping through THIS campaign? 

Clarence Thomas(the worst ever imo), Robert Bork, Sarah Palin, Newt Ginrich, George Bush.... Joe the Plummer... Yes it does go both ways. So it does not bother me too much. Joe Whateverhisnameis is not a politician, they should leave him alone. If the left starts building hate for this guy he is not gonna have 50 body guards like politicians do... at best he will get a cop car parked out front of his house...

The only person on the left I have seen attempts against his charater this election cycle is Barack himself. I do not like it, it incites wackos, and indangers the person being demonized. The person I feel has been attacked the worse this election is SP... it is really redic... It is mainly coming from hollywood, but it is truly sad.

04 was bad both ways, I really did not like what Swiftboat did to John Kerry.

But as I stated above, Clarence Thomas was the worst... ever. They had people actually LIE to try and make him look like a criminal. I was young at the time, and even then I could see through it.

Basically, I should have said both sides do it, the left just does it more. (both are just as at fault)

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
Final-Fan said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

Clarence Thomas(the worst ever imo), Robert Bork, Sarah Palin, Newt Ginrich, George Bush.... Joe the Plummer... Yes it does go both ways. So it does not bother me too much. Joe Whateverhisnameis is not a politician, they should leave him alone. If the left starts building hate for this guy he is not gonna have 50 body guards like politicians do... at best he will get a cop car parked out front of his house...

The only person on the left I have seen attempts against his charater this election cycle is Barack himself. I do not like it, it incites wackos, and indangers the person being demonized. The person I feel has been attacked the worse this election is SP... it is really redic... It is mainly coming from hollywood, but it is truly sad.

04 was bad both ways, I really did not like what Swiftboat did to John Kerry.

But as I stated above, Clarence Thomas was the worst... ever. They had people actually LIE to try and make him look like a criminal. I was young at the time, and even then I could see through it.

Basically, I should have said both sides do it, the left just does it more. (both are just as at fault)

Fuck Joe the Plumber.  That guy seems like a total douche bag, and I would kick him in the balls the first chance I got.

And get your character assassination accusations out of here if you are just going to ignore everything the GOP does.  What has McCain been trying to do to Obama this entire campaign (although McCain is only responsible for some of it, the GOP at large is responsible for more of it)?  And where do you think the term Swift Boat politics came from?

Hell, Karl Rove even assassinated another Republican's character (McCain), in 2000.

Don't make accusations if those accusations could just as easily be directed at the other party.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson