By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is More Dangerious: Truth Claimers or Truthists?

The Ghost of RubangB said:
@appolose, Nietzsch never claimed he had the truth. He was a philosophical rabble-rouser who attacked all truth claims, but never acted like he knew any better. In fact, he told people to disregard everything he ever said and deconstruct the truth on their own. Asking people to question the truth is not at all similar to asking people to kill people who claim the truth. Questions don't hurt anybody. Question everything ever. Over and over. It works for me, and I haven't killed anybody yet.

I am going to have to disagree (with Nietzsch not claiming to know th truth, or least being aware that his had to).  One cannot question without claiming to know something.  All claim truth, one way or another.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Around the Network

But Nietzsche questioned everything INCLUDING himself. The only truth he could have claimed was "You should question everything including yourself." But even then he'd want you to question him and maybe you shouldn't question yourself, you should just question Nietzsche.

Basically, he was a philosophy addict who kept trying to quit. He kept preaching about how much philosophy was bullshit, but he couldn't stop philosophizing. He was hooked.

http://www.str.org/site/DocServer/9-10_SG_2008.pdf?docID=3361
This article is long, but it sums up my thoughts exacly.

And Rubang, you would sound a lot more intelligent and convincing if you tried to avoid profanity...

Balls!