By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Good PS3 deal in AUS

mibuokami said:

I thought starcraft is from Australia? Man I really wish they'd drop the price a bit more... we still haven't got the Xbox price drop like the rest of the world. Lame.

I am...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

yeah i really need a price drop before i can consider getting a ps3... im kicking myself for not picking up one from japan when i was there!! woulda cost less than $400 AU at the time :'(

starcraft said:
mibuokami said:

I thought starcraft is from Australia? Man I really wish they'd drop the price a bit more... we still haven't got the Xbox price drop like the rest of the world. Lame.

I am...

Brain fried -_- NVM, i read your post wrong :p

Considering how much support Sony gets in Australia despite their high pricing, it would be nice if Sony returned the goodwill and rewarded our Sony loving land :)

Branko2166 said:
Considering how much support Sony gets in Australia despite their high pricing, it would be nice if Sony returned the goodwill and rewarded our Sony loving land :)

dont think thats gunna happen any time soon! i beieve we're whats referred to as a cash cow..

Around the Network
Tremble said:
has an australian dollar the same value than an american one? If yes, that's pretty expensive!

For a while the $AU dollar was equal to ~$US0.95, but the global financial crisis very recently tanked our dollar, and now its around $US0.70. And yeah games are pretty expensive over here, but thats what playasia is for :) Plus that gets around any censorship issues we have.

mibuokami said:
Games are pretty expensive too, an average Xbox / PS3 games range from $99 - $119 at EB, cheaper at other places (range between $79 - $99)

EB = Shit

Go JB HiFi for your gaming need.

Go to JB HiFi or GameTraders instead.

Regarding the $800 that is expensive. Importing consoles is the cheapest and best option.

Supernova82 said:
mibuokami said:
Games are pretty expensive too, an average Xbox / PS3 games range from $99 - $119 at EB, cheaper at other places (range between $79 - $99)

EB = Shit

Go JB HiFi for your gaming need.

Go to JB HiFi or GameTraders instead.

Regarding the $800 that is expensive. Importing consoles is the cheapest and best option.

While importing a ps3 may be an option due to region free ps3 games, you would have issues if down the line you wanted to watch dvd, bluray or play ps1 and ps2 games because those are region coded.

umm aussie dollar has been getting smashed it was 60 usd now its 70usd