By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Firmware 2.50 Now Available for PS3

All I care about is BBC iPlayer, I have yet to test this. DOATS1, you are from Great Britain right? have you had a go at that?

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I watched a couple of video's and they actually played without the pixelated choppiness that was there prior to 2.5. I also didn't notice the audio desynchronizing from the video (though I want to test that more by jumping around in video's to see if it'll still happen like it did before). Heck, flash animations actually play correctly too without any desynchronizing.

Also, I'm so happy that I can view Zero Punctuation video's now from his website as opposed to trying to fish them off of Youtube.  

The Fury said:

All I care about is BBC iPlayer, I have yet to test this. DOATS1, you are from Great Britain right? have you had a go at that?

it didnt work for me
IllegalPaladin said:

I watched a couple of video's and they actually played without the pixelated choppiness that was there prior to 2.5. I also didn't notice the audio desynchronizing from the video (though I want to test that more by jumping around in video's to see if it'll still happen like it did before). Heck, flash animations actually play correctly too without any desynchronizing.

Also, I'm so happy that I can view Zero Punctuation video's now from his website as opposed to trying to fish them off of Youtube.  

ah, i see

@DOATS1
*BEEP*

...Hmm, I thought the only reason it didn't work was because of the inferior Flash that the PS3s web browser had. Oh well.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
@DOATS1
*BEEP*

...Hmm, I thought the only reason it didn't work was because of the inferior Flash that the PS3s web browser had. Oh well.

it brings up a message saying i need to enable javascript in order to play or download the clip.

Around the Network
DOATS1 said:
The Fury said:
@DOATS1
*BEEP*

it brings up a message saying i need to enable javascript in order to play or download the clip.

The browser has a javascript option does it not? like the PSP one where you can activate it or turn it off. I can't have a go myself, at work at the moment but I'll have a go later.

Hmm, pie.

KylieDog said:
The Screenshot feature sucks, rather than do do something like make it an option to turn on or off and press a button on control pad two, they just made it an option for devs to use or not use.

It is trophies all over again, for months a majority of new games probably won't use the feature, very few old games will get a patch for it, and unlike trophies I don't see this eventually becomming mandatory.

Well done Sony.  Instead of making it a system feature, it's just a set of hooks for developers eh?

Tragic for PS3 owners I'm sure.

The Fury said:
DOATS1 said:
The Fury said:
@DOATS1
*BEEP*

The browser has a javascript option does it not? like the PSP one where you can activate it or turn it off. I can't have a go myself, at work at the moment but I'll have a go later.

that's the problem though, my javascript is enabled.