By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How much space does MGS4 really use on the BluRay Disk?

FJ-Warez said:
So far there is no real evidence of a full 50 gb game and the more common estimates pulls the 30 gb figure...

Funny, Onyxmeth shows an interesting piece, all cutscenes are around 10 gb of data(Maybe recorded from the game), but a few months ago any MGS or any Sony fan claimed that everything was in-game, so probably the 30 Gbs are full of high quality audio + the game...

You can further that point and say, "Any game can be ported to any other system provided it is dumbed down enough to fit that systems capacity."

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
Pristine20 said:
ho plXen said:
Pristine20 said:
33gb is the size of mgs4

Minus online.

Well, the online is actually downloaded from konami servers. The game just serves as a code to DL the online portion. Thus, it won't play a part in the 360 space problem.

I think bigger hinderances to this game's appearance on 360 are the over-abundance of apple products and PS references and sony's moneyhatting, bundling and advertising. These obstacles are greater than simple space issues and we all know how old games perform exceptionally well lol.

The question is, is the port worth all the money konami has to refund and all the cuts and recoding that Kojima productions has to do?

There was a rumor shortly after e3 that Microsoft had to cough up the dough to drop an exclusivity agreement Square had with Sony for FFXIII where Sony paid some money SE's way. Again this is a rumor, and isn't well supported so don't take too much from it. Basically my point is, MS may be willing to throw cash at Konami for MGS4 to pay the contract breaking costs Konami may incur by porting this game over.

If it's true, MS threw the money away in the case of MGS4.  It's too late to stop people from buying PS3 for MGS4; not many people who don't already have a 360 will buy one to play MGS4, long after long after the game's PS3 release; and, MS won't recoup much from the $10 per copy that console makers net for third party titles.  

Though, I know MS normally charges more (to devs) for multi-disc games, so that may be part fo the bargain as well.  3 discs minimum.

theprof00 said:
FJ-Warez said:
So far there is no real evidence of a full 50 gb game and the more common estimates pulls the 30 gb figure...

Funny, Onyxmeth shows an interesting piece, all cutscenes are around 10 gb of data(Maybe recorded from the game), but a few months ago any MGS or any Sony fan claimed that everything was in-game, so probably the 30 Gbs are full of high quality audio + the game...

You can further that point and say, "Any game can be ported to any other system provided it is dumbed down enough to fit that systems capacity."

Which is true but not my point, to expand your point lets bring Resident Evil 2 to the table, a 2 CDs game all in one 64Mb N64 cartrigde, maybe the quality in some assets like the FMV sucks a little, but the game got ported...

But we are talking about the game size, not about the chances of a 360 port, right???

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Onyxmeth said:
Pristine20 said:
ho plXen said:
Pristine20 said:
33gb is the size of mgs4

Minus online.

Well, the online is actually downloaded from konami servers. The game just serves as a code to DL the online portion. Thus, it won't play a part in the 360 space problem.

I think bigger hinderances to this game's appearance on 360 are the over-abundance of apple products and PS references and sony's moneyhatting, bundling and advertising. These obstacles are greater than simple space issues and we all know how old games perform exceptionally well lol.

The question is, is the port worth all the money konami has to refund and all the cuts and recoding that Kojima productions has to do?

There was a rumor shortly after e3 that Microsoft had to cough up the dough to drop an exclusivity agreement Square had with Sony for FFXIII where Sony paid some money SE's way. Again this is a rumor, and isn't well supported so don't take too much from it. Basically my point is, MS may be willing to throw cash at Konami for MGS4 to pay the contract breaking costs Konami may incur by porting this game over.

If it's true, MS threw the money away in the case of MGS4.  It's too late to stop people from buying PS3 for MGS4; not many people who don't already have a 360 will buy one to play MGS4, long after long after the game's PS3 release; and, MS won't recoup much from the $10 per copy that console makers net for third party titles.  

Though, I know MS normally charges more (to devs) for multi-disc games, so that may be part fo the bargain as well.  3 discs minimum.

They would have to, I'm not sure legally if they woudn't need to change their pricing mechanism for every developer fior multi discs though .

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

FJ its sweet that you are naive like that but this OP is really getting a bearing on whether the game will be on 360 or not.
I agree the game can be ported, but the reason the cutscenes were all in game was because of the detail level and graphics which would need to be dumbed down.

Around the Network

Theres a reason for uncompressed audio, mainly for audiophiles as myself, the sound quality is so much higher.

No it isn't as long as compression is better than 256mbit for stereo. (and more for 7.1) In this case its not distinguishable for human ears. But that's a different discussion.

theprof00 said:
FJ its sweet that you are naive like that but this OP is really getting a bearing on whether the game will be on 360 or not.
I agree the game can be ported, but the reason the cutscenes were all in game was because of the detail level and graphics which would need to be dumbed down.

If the OP intentions are clear, why do you post here then? as you can see most of the post are related to the size, and just the fanboys bring back the 360 port theme...

By me:

FJ-Warez said:
theprof00 said:

If the OP intentions are clear, why do you post here then? as you can see most of the post are related to the size, and just the fanboys bring back the 360 port theme...

<--- getting out my english to english translation guide.

Edit: maybe if you read my old posts you will understand "why" i am posting? Other than that I am lost on what you are trying to ask me.... I thought it was obvious that I was trolling him in an unserious way...

Yeah my english suck sometimes, still, the subject here is about the game size... only you and a few other are talking about a port...

By me:

lol.....how many floppy disks would it take to contain MGS4? (too lazy to do the math)