By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is anybody else having problems with bad losers on Mario Strikers Charged?

I must have played a total of about 20 games where about 2 seconds before the final whistle is due to sound the game freezes and I'm greeted with the 'CONNECTION LOST' screen resulting in me receiving zero points for what was sure to be a win. Do these people actually take any satisfaction from stats that are the result of blatant bad sportsmanship & cheating?

I've never been a PC or Xbox guy so online gaming is pretty new to me so I'm cuious to know if this level of a-hole behaviour is to be expected or is this particular game attracting these S.O.Bs in unusually high numbers?

By the way, when not playing cheating cry babies this game truly rocks!

P.S. if any of the culprits are reading this, shame on you & your family.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Around the Network

I believe the term for this is "online gaming."

This game surprised me, my first impression was sort of a "meh..." but the E3 trailer got me a bit intrigued. I may rent this and check it out.

As for your problem, I wonder if it is a bug? Its possible you are just an "a-hole" magnet though.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
This game surprised me, my first impression was sort of a "meh..." but the E3 trailer got me a bit intrigued. I may rent this and check it out.

As for your problem, I wonder if it is a bug? Its possible you are just an "a-hole" magnet though.

It's definately not a bug, it has never happened in the last seconds of a match when I'm losing so I'm blaming it squarely on players in denial of their own suckiness at VGs.

To put this into perspective I've probably played about 300 games (roughly 200 wins & 100 losses if anybody cares) so it's not like it's happening every second game but it leaves a sour taste in your mouth that takes a while to go.

As for the game, definately get it. There is so much underlying depth to the game which initially you could mistake for shallow. I've actually barely scraped the single player as once you beat your first human opponent playing AI seems a bit unsatisfying. I would advise though that you dont judge the game til you start getting a decent win:loss ratio as it's easy to hate a game  when your getting your ass handed to you and my girlfrien has had to leave the room a couple of times due to the odd scream of indignant rage!

Hus said:

ya me, they're always disconnecting on me

Well, on the other hand i don't blame em

I totally own everyone...it's insane and the game is no challenge for me anymore

Diddy kong + Toad + fast field = insta win
Wario + Gas attack = insta win
Waluigi + average player controlling him = overpowered

EDIT, biggerboat play against me and you shall see what i mean :D 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
Neos said:

ya me, they're always disconnecting on me

Well, on the other hand i don't blame em

I totally own everyone...it's insane and the game is no challenge for me anymore

Diddy kong + Toad + fast field = insta win
Wario + Gas attack = insta win
Waluigi + average player controlling him = overpowered

EDIT, biggerboat play against me and you shall see what i mean :D 

I'm at work at the mo so don't have my code but later I'll drop it into the thread. You soun like one of those players that have pretty much seen and can deal with any tactic you throw at them, you are likely responsible for one of those screams I mentioned above!

If we do get a game please don't use Waluigi as he has the cheapest special move in the whole game, followed closely by Daisy.

What's your win:loss ratio?

Hus said:

3.5:1 approx

and no, i always use diddy kong 

Just 1 problem, im going on holiday tomorrow so we either need to have a match today or you'll have to wait a week =)

I can wait a week, (cue montage of me chasing chickens and punching animal carcasses in preperation for the big match).

Diddy's special also annoys me but not in the way the other's I mentioned do, where I actually think people are exploiting bugs/unintended tactics in the game.

3.5:1 is pretty intimidating. Have you ever topped a weekly league?

Hus said:

no, i don't play that many matches so

it's just that, usually, whatever i play i win

imo, weekly league should exist in ratio's, not how many you played