By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Define "manliness"

SmokedHostage said:
Manliness is an adjective that means to display actions which are man-like.

1.) Manliness is being about to cry at the right moment

2.) Manliness is being about to be a strong male role model for children and your peers.

3.) Manliness is being about to being able to kill vermin(rats, cockroaches, etc.) while women cowardly screech.

4.) Manliness is being about to devout your life to what you love and not care about what people think of you.

Ok, I had fun writing this..

Wrong

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

"Manliness:

What is epitomized in the book an alphabet of manliness. This is charecterized by any action such as kicking babies, beating hippies, chugging hot sauce, and getting tucker max drunk."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Manliness

There you have it. The only thing they left out was the whole "Scratching oneself"

insomniac17 said:
"Manliness:

What is epitomized in the book an alphabet of manliness. This is charecterized by any action such as kicking babies, beating hippies, chugging hot sauce, and getting tucker max drunk."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Manliness

There you have it. The only thing they left out was the whole "Scratching oneself"

I love the Alphabet of Manliness and Tucker Max is a god amongst drunks. I can't wait for his movie to come out next year.

Some of you have a really warped version of what manliness is. In a nutshell, if it can also be something a woman does that is womanly, then it is in effect not manly. End of story.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

In short, is manliness something men have defined for themselves?

Here's my hypothesis:

Men are competitive and homophobic.

1) Things like eating and drinking becomes a competition and the guy who can eat the most meat or drink the most drinks must be the most manly

2) Gladiatorial sports, or sports that involve a lot of violence are considered manly because it satisfies some sort of competitive urge tha we have. We have to see some sort of conflict.

3) The stereotypical non-sensitive not holding back tears comes from homophobia. Being sensitive and emotional = being feminine and if you're a man and you have feminine qualities, you must be gay.

Around the Network
psrock said:

Superman.  That takes guts.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

The most manly thing you can do is sleep with other men. It's easy to sleep with women, they're so small and soft. But if you can take a muscly man's man parts, you're clearly all man.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
The most manly thing you can do is sleep with other men. It's easy to sleep with women, they're so small and soft. But if you can take a muscly man's man parts, you're clearly all man.

You forgot the first rule on manliness. If a woman can do it and it's considered womanly, then it isn't manly. Women sleep with men all the time and nobody calls it manly.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Because they have a Vagina. We don't. You've got to be manly to face another man's man bits without the specified equipment.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Because they have a Vagina. We don't. You've got to be manly to face another man's man bits without the specified equipment.

Good point. Plus those dudes pork each other in jail all day long and they're all pretty manly.

Another manly thing is to piss and miss the toilet...purposely.