By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Music - off to a slow start in Japan?

Why would anyone buy Wii Music. I still fail to see a target group for that.

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=10632

deja vu

The pre-orders for Wii Fit were very low too.

lol at llewdebkram.

I reserve this post for when I actually get a translation of what that means.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
I reserve this post for when I actually get a translation of what that means.

"But the market's reaction, including the availability of渋KU, did not nearly hot."

google translate, but enough to get what it means.. i maintain that by assuming wii music won't sell well would just be setting yourself up for another "Wii Fit - HIT or MISS" -esque thread, as linked above

Around the Network

@ stof

Based on the reaction of the market and the state of pre-orders, it doesn't seem like the title is generating much interest.

PSN - hanafuda

Preorders for wii fit may have been low (I don't remember), but the lines for launch were huge.  I remember pictures on this site...

hanafuda said:
@ stof

Based on the reaction of the market and the state of pre-orders, it doesn't seem like the title is generating much interest.

This isn't the sort of game that gets alot of preorders... or the sort that does huge numbers first week - I wouldn't be surprised if it did sub 200k.

Wii Fit sold 250k in Japan in its first week. Now it's at what, almost 2.7 million? Don't underestimate a game because you don't think it's going to sell.

I will not be surprised if first week is