By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The console war is over. Its time to let it go.

Everstar said:
Dinomax said:
Everstar said:
well you dont Know till its over right?

But it is over.  

The numbers don't lie. Microsoft and Sony arent selling enough to catch up or make as much profit.  Its done.

Unless were now counting the odds of a rare meteorite destroying every bit of Nintendo off the face of the earth.

you never know people might decide they dont care about the motion controls or whatever anymore and move to the 360 and PS3 i mean you cant judge the outcome of this gen in the first 2-3 years....

Words of Wisdom, both the 360 and PS3 have a large chance imo of atleast being on par or "Slightly" ahead of nintendo in terms of sales. although i could careless about sales i pick the console(s) were my fave  genre's/games are, and truth be told i grew outta mario awhile ago (2 years or so) so yeah not everyone thinks "OMG NINTENDO PWNS CAUSE IT SELLS THE MOST SO IT MUST HAVE THE BEST GAMES ON THE MARKET EVER" my ass it does.

Overall as they say "Its not over till the hot japanese chick sings" and guess what? shes still sing'n.

Around the Network

Surely Nintendo and Microsoft have both won by helping each other.

Both have expanded their user base, both have taken exclusives away from Sony and both have turned Sony from being the leader by a mile to struggling to even claim 2nd place.

Without the Xbox360 it could have been a very close race between Nintendo and Sony and without the Wii Sony would have concentrated more on Xbox360 initially which is where they lost it due to thinking their product was superior and would sell because of brand image compared to a cheap toy by Nintendo.

llewdebkram said:

Both have expanded their user base, both have taken exclusives away from Sony and both have turned Sony from being the leader by a mile to struggling to even claim 2nd place.

Without the Xbox360 it could have been a very close race between Nintendo and Sony and without the Wii Sony would have concentrated more on Xbox360 initially which is where they lost it due to thinking their product was superior and would sell because of brand image compared to a cheap toy by Nintendo.

llewdebkram = Wii60 Fanboy confirmed! :P

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
llewdebkram said:

Well I have a Wii and 360 but on Xbox360 only play live arcade and no disk based games at all, especially since it's just had  it's 4th RROD and that put me right off.

There are a handful of Xbox360 games I'd like to try but on PS3 only 1 which is Litle Big Planet as platformers are my favourite type of game.

It's just my way of seeing it, I hope I'm not too biased or blinkered but I do see that unintentionally both Microsoft and Nintendo have helped each other out at Sony's expense.

gera4390 said:
RolStoppable said:

It's not over yet. Just yesterday someone told me that's not certain that the Wii will be ahead of the 360 by the end of 2011. Demand for the Wii would drop and it could be at 65m in late 2011 while the 360 would have sold 70m.

were u being sarcastic? if what u said could happen that means wii could have a chance to be second, or even third?

I hope he was the war is over Nintendo won you can quote me if you want

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network
llewdebkram said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
llewdebkram said:

Well I have a Wii and 360 but on Xbox360 only play live arcade and no disk based games at all, especially since it's just had  it's 4th RROD and that put me right off.

There are a handful of Xbox360 games I'd like to try but on PS3 only 1 which is Litle Big Planet as platformers are my favourite type of game.

It's just my way of seeing it, I hope I'm not too biased or blinkered but I do see that unintentionally both Microsoft and Nintendo have helped each other out at Sony's expense.

Thats cool man, everyone has there own taste in games...for example..., there are about a handful of disk-based games i'd love to play on the 360, but alas the 360 flawed hardware still frightens me even though i hear alot if you have the receipt the default warranty is 3 years so i see that as a decent deal.

Thats how in the end its always good to have something besides a 360(Or just ONE console in general) because if it does go stupid on you(While you send it back for repairs or replacment), you always have a PS3/Wii/PSP/DS/High-End PC waiting for ya. thats why i dont understand people who just flock to a single console/brand when obviously (if you can afford it that is, in my case the 200 dollars arcade model seems decent to me now) its good to go for atleast 2. anyways thanks for the kind non-fanboy feedback dude.

ll joshin69 said:
The console war is never over! Nintendo won this battle, Sony won the last but the War never ends. There are only casulties I'm afraid

This generation battle is over wih Nintendo on top its up to the next gen to look at this one and detrmine what there next console needs to win

Is Blue ray needed?

Motion controllers?

High Def?

Comprehensive online capabilities?

Superior graphics?

Launch price point?

Something not listed?

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

@ xman

"PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are"

This is why im starting to become fond towards VGcharts, IGN/gamespot is FULL of fanboys, and this sig alone proves that i made the right choice from switching from IGN.

VGCharts>>>IGN

:P good choice of words buddy.

My response to this post comes from the our favorite anaylist, Michael Pachte in the lastest installment of Gametrailer, the Bonus Round.  The statement starts at 6:35 into the show.

I'm just saying...

tabsina said:
i think if we didn't come on forums to argue.. most of us would have much emptier lives (yes it is possible), since clearly the games aren't entertaining enough for us to play them rather than argue about them

Lol.  I do enjoy arguing about games and bashing Wii Music almost as much as I enjoy playing games.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down