By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The console war is over. Its time to let it go.

After lurking for a while on here this is all I could honestly think of to write of.  No I'm not going to continue pollute these forums with either blind faith or unrealistic expectations,  but just simple advice.

Its done, the console war. 

Nintendo have won not just by selling the most units, large amounts of  software selling but the most important factor of being in the market.  Profit.  This is what Microsoft and Sony keep hoping for but the end of the day there not going to make as much as Nintendo.  Its an absolute clear cut result.  

This doesn't mean the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 are bad systems.  Oh no, they'll still be there on the market and can provide you with games you can't get on the Wii also.

Its just time to let it go guys. 

Time to just talk about having fun with games.  Trust me it'll save you a lot of heartbreak.

Around the Network

Very blunt, but accurate.
And LOL @ the video

Yep. It's sad fanboys only care about their own little minds and can't get the bigger picture. You shouldn't be caring about your favorite console maker, you should care about the games on the consoles you own. Their They're not the masterminds creating the games, the consoles they create only allow the developers to show their work (with the hardware and stuff).

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

People have been saying this for months now. Everybody accepts it, except for the die-hard fanboys.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

the console war is actually about microsoft and sony now. maybe you could call it the HD console war or the battle for second place.

Around the Network

Everybody knows deep down that Nintendo won this generation. But the fanboys don't want to admit it. Hell, I don't want to admit it. I think all and all, people just like the conflict and having a competition where their side will ultimately prevail in the end.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

bugrimmar said:
the fanboy war is actually about microsoft and sony now. maybe you could call it the Nerd war or the battle for bragging rights.

Fixed for you. 

There is no reward for secound place in this case. 

Microsoft not being the market leader despite launching earlier and Sony absolutly losing position as the market leader is not rewarding for either of them.  

How is it war when its already won and a battle when its already finished?   

SHMUPGurus said:

Yep. It's sad fanboys only care about their own little minds and can't get the bigger picture. You shouldn't be caring about your favorite console maker, you should care about the games on the consoles you own. Their not the masterminds creating the games, the consoles they create only allow the developers to show their work (with the hardware and stuff).

Nintendo would like to have a word with you.  Then again, so would your 4th grade teacher.  It's they're, as in THEY ARE, but contracted.  Their indicates possession, like "their ball."

You do not have the right to never be offended.

ChichiriMuyo said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Yep. It's sad fanboys only care about their own little minds and can't get the bigger picture. You shouldn't be caring about your favorite console maker, you should care about the games on the consoles you own. Their not the masterminds creating the games, the consoles they create only allow the developers to show their work (with the hardware and stuff).

Nintendo would like to have a word with you.  Then again, so would your 4th grade teacher.  It's they're, as in THEY ARE, but contracted.  Their indicates possession, like "their ball."

Oh noes. I phail at engrish. o_o

But seriously, I have to admit brand name is still important, but that's because I know Nintendo are good developers. I care for their games and series, not what their console can do (graphic-wise, etc.). I also care about Konami, Capcom, BioWare, etc.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

You've clearly failed at a lot of things.

You do not have the right to never be offended.