By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Let's try to see how much money the Wii made this week.

Worldwide, the week ending October 4th

Problems with this, MANY…
Yen/Euro conversion, profit made from 3rd parties and licensing, prices of games, uncharted games, controllers, WiiWare/VC, etc.

Wii
280k * $79 (estimated profit off of every system sold) = $22,120,000

Wii Fit = 270k * $90
1522050 pieces of Nintendo software without Wii Fit

1267050 pieces of software without Wii Sports
*Wii Sports* is 255,000 X $10

1,440,000 pieces of software (on the Wii) sold without the Wii series.

Money that software could have made (assuming the starting price is $50) = $71,965,950
w/ Wii Fit: + $24,300,000//// w/ Wii Sports: + $2.55 million/////w/ Wii Play: + $ 1.44 million

So from what we have here, we’re looking at:
$22.12m + $24.3m + $2.55m + $1.44m = $50.41m

$50.41 million in… a week. That is VERY incomplete data as you can see but, it’s worth some type of attempt. These are just Nintendo published things, and let’s not forget the DS.

So if you have anything you wish to add, go ahead. We can come up with a SLIGHTLY more accurate number.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Great sales. I have nothing to add because I suck at math.lol.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

LOL Everything's coming up Nintendo! I wish they would put a greater amount of money into R&D and get cracking on the new Zelda though.

Won't be easier to take Nintendo's year profit and split it in weeks ? :D

damkira said:
LOL Everything's coming up Nintendo! I wish they would put a greater amount of money into R&D and get cracking on the new Zelda though.

The R&D budget has tripled in the past 2 years over their usual annual R&D budget.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
FaithRaven said:
Won't be easier to take Nintendo's year profit and split it in weeks ? :D

That would not really help giving you the profits from the Wii, would it. The DS probably stands for more profits than the Wii...

This is invisible text!

I wonder what Nintendo does with the larger amount of money they are making this gen.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Viper1 said:
damkira said:

The R&D budget has tripled in the past 2 years over their usual annual R&D budget.

All right, that is interesting.

They should build a Nintendo Theme Park with that money

The return of Nintendo Cereal!