By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Toys "R" Us sale: buy 2 get 1 free(games), 40% off Wii points cards

crumas2 said:
coasterlove said:

I need more thanluck. I decided to try online anyway and went through the process of ordering the cards. I thought getting four of them would be good. When I went to the next screen, it changed it to three for $11.99 and one for the regular price. I tried to change it on that screen and update. It again changed it to three for the sale price one for the regular so obviously they're limiting how many you can buy. So I thought I would just get the three then and when I finally go to place the order and have it sent, it tells me it's not available. I think that's BS! I could understand if it's not available in stores because it's only realistic to have so many in a store. It's ridiculous that they can't fill an online order of an item that they will obviously replenish soon. They were probably losing money on the sales and decided to essentially cut it off. A good sale but poor way of executing it and leaves a negative opinion of Toys R Us in my opinion.

Maybe I might still give them a try later this week and see about some games...maybe.

Take a look at my posting about what happened when I tried to buy a Wii Zapper and get the discount. :-/

Yeah, I read your post and that sucked too. Sorry to hear that. It's a great sale for those who are able to take advantage but I notice that Toys R us always a limited quanity and I much prefer Best. Also Best Buy is just a mile away straight down the street from my house. The nearest Toys R us is about 10 miles away in city traffic. City traffic equals sux and not always worth my time only to find out they're out of the stuff I want and they don't offer a raincheck.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network
coasterlove said:
crumas2 said:
coasterlove said:

I need more thanluck. I decided to try online anyway and went through the process of ordering the cards. I thought getting four of them would be good. When I went to the next screen, it changed it to three for $11.99 and one for the regular price. I tried to change it on that screen and update. It again changed it to three for the sale price one for the regular so obviously they're limiting how many you can buy. So I thought I would just get the three then and when I finally go to place the order and have it sent, it tells me it's not available. I think that's BS! I could understand if it's not available in stores because it's only realistic to have so many in a store. It's ridiculous that they can't fill an online order of an item that they will obviously replenish soon. They were probably losing money on the sales and decided to essentially cut it off. A good sale but poor way of executing it and leaves a negative opinion of Toys R Us in my opinion.

Maybe I might still give them a try later this week and see about some games...maybe.

Take a look at my posting about what happened when I tried to buy a Wii Zapper and get the discount. :-/

Yeah, I read your post and that sucked too. Sorry to hear that. It's a great sale for those who are able to take advantage but I notice that Toys R us always a limited quanity and I much prefer Best. Also Best Buy is just a mile away straight down the street from my house. The nearest Toys R us is about 10 miles away in city traffic. City traffic equals sux and not always worth my time only to find out they're out of the stuff I want and they don't offer a raincheck.

You should see if Best Buy will price match.  They do that don't they?

You know...that is an idea. Hmmm.... Only problem is I have to get an ad from Toys R Us which I know my parents would have but then I have to make a trip to their house but that's only a couple miles. Then head to Best Buy but that could get complicated too since the ad doesn't speficially mention the Wii ponts cards. And when my girlfriend gets home, we're supposed to go a movie. If it was one of her chick flicks, I might try to get out of it but it's my movie choice so...

Anyway, I never buy the Wii points cards at regular price anyway. I always wait till I have a coupon for 10% off and then get the card for about $18 and I don't buy too many VC games anyway so while it would've been nice but I guess it's no big loss for me. Thanks for the suggestion anyway Kasz216

I'll come up with something better eventually...

craighopkins said:
Grahamhsu said:
^ I was thinking of getting Dead Space, and EDF for free but I still don't know what I want for the 2nd game...if only i hadn't purchased Kameo from Gamecrazy><

Just hold on to the 2nd game u dont want and return it to walmart in nov

I hope they'll keep this deal going for a month or so, than I can get Dead Space, Fallout 3, and than decide on another game I want that's around 60. I already preordered Fable 2, and BK Nuts and Bolts off Amazon ><

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Grahamhsu said:
craighopkins said:
Grahamhsu said:
^ I was thinking of getting Dead Space, and EDF for free but I still don't know what I want for the 2nd game...if only i hadn't purchased Kameo from Gamecrazy><

Just hold on to the 2nd game u dont want and return it to walmart in nov

I hope they'll keep this deal going for a month or so, than I can get Dead Space, Fallout 3, and than decide on another game I want that's around 60. I already preordered Fable 2, and BK Nuts and Bolts off Amazon ><

They won't.  They have a sale every year around this time to get rid of older stock, and make room for the new wave of holiday games.

SnakeEyez, supposedly they have clamped down on that this year.  I think the system checks the promotion dates and won't let you swap for a game that's been released after the promotion end date.  Maybe if you get a nice manager or cashier they can override, but I wouldn't expect this to work.  With the advent of cheapassgamer.com, has come the heavy abuse of game deals.

Around the Network

I might get 3 ds games with this deal too