By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Recommend me movies to watch from 2008

What type of movies do u like?

Around the Network

Wall-E - F'n fantabulous
Mirrors - fair to middling
Death Race - Pretty enjoyable
Dark Knight - average
Quarantine opens soon, watch Rec instead.

Haha, Rubang watched Wanted. What a putz.

Other than that, his list is pretty good. I was surprised by Walk Hard. The duet scene just about had me out of my chair in hysterics.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

akuma587 said:
Forgetting Sarah Marshall was pretty good from what I saw (only saw the last 30 minutes).

I am not a fan of gross-out movies, but "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" was a tick above average. It depends on what movies you enjoy. I recommend "Bigger, Faster, Stronger." It is a documentary about steroid use in the US. I also recommend "Tropic Thunder" and "Ghost Town." Those two movies were hilarious.  

How to Lose Friends (and Alienate People).

However, you could watch a film from a few years ago, happens to be my favourite film of all time. It's by the UK Film Council and it's called "Pierrepoint" (though I believe it's called "The Last Hangman" in the 'states).

It's a film about Albert Pierrepoint's career as a hangman, a really interesting and tear-jerking film.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cPHSw2X22Eg

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:

You only recommended that because of Megan Fox...admit it.

Jackson50 said:
SamuelRSmith said:

You only recommended that because of Megan Fox...admit it.

Actually, Megan Fox pissed me off... such a tease. Simon had two chances of having sex with her, and he rejected both, the low points of the film (that, and the shitty, love story ending).

invisible29 said:

I can enjoy and hate movies in any genre. That's why I didn't specify any types of movies.

It's a shame nobody is up on any current indy stuff. Chronos can you give me a few 70s and 80s picks at least from some of your backlog?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
invisible29 said:

I can enjoy and hate movies in any genre. That's why I didn't specify any types of movies.

It's a shame nobody is up on any current indy stuff. Chronos can you give me a few 70s and 80s picks at least from some of your backlog?

Well, my recommendation is about as indie as it gets... it's a film council! Of course, it's not -08, but it's only a couple of years old.

SamuelRSmith said:
Onyxmeth said:
invisible29 said:

Well, my recommendation is about as indie as it gets... it's a film council! Of course, it's not -08, but it's only a couple of years old.

I'll definitely check it out. I was just hoping for more indy and not every recommendation being so overbearingly mainstream. I enjoy both worlds.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.