By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sarah Palin abused power ...

Kasz216 said:
akuma587 said:
MrBubbles said:
she is legally allowed to request wooten be fired. people have the right to lodge complaints and make requests like that.

I'll never forget the time mrbubbles tried to convince me that delivering a baby on an airplane was as safe as delivering it in a hospital.  Man, that was such a funny night...

Apparently he was actually right in that it's not a health risk to be pregnant and be on a plane.  Like so many people wrongly thought.

Only risk being it may cause you stress which may induce pregnancy earlier.

Palin's water had burst already, her baby had already been diagnosed with Down's (which means doctors have to be extra careful during delivery), AND most airlines won't even let a woman who is less than two months away from pregnancy ON a plane without signed notice from their doctor. 

She got on an eight hour flight after her water had burst, then on another two hour flight, and then drove back to her hometown.  If that is a prudent decision then I am Rush Limbaugh.  It was reckless and endangered both her own life and her child and for what advantage?  To deliver your baby in your podunk hometown in a less equipped hospital than in the city she was in in Texas?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
NJ5 said:

We don't need to take akuma's word for it. Here is one of your claims from that thread:

i dont see how it would make it any more painful being in flight or any more dangerous...

yeah...the flight doesnt provide any additional danger when giving birth.  it would have been the as if palin was giving birth in their home.  in the same post i also said "if there was likely to be complications then the doctor would have advised against flying."

So apparently delivering your child in your home is as safe as giving birth on an airplane.  Last time I checked my home doesn't have seatbelts, it can't fly through the air at over 400 mph, I don't have to sit down while my house is taking off, and my house isn't battered with turbulence.

Seriously, mrbubbles, just take a step back for two seconds and look at how ridiculous what you are claiming is.  And her child had Down syndrome, so there were ALREADY complications to consider.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

@akuma587: I just had an idea for a McCain/Palin health care plan... Retired planes could be upgraded to maternity wards. The infrastructure is already present in large numbers, it would free up valuable room in hospitals which is needed for surgery rooms.

Hey, if the pro-life camp approves, it surely doesn't go against the babies' best interest!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

MrBubbles said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
MrBubbles, the panel voted UANIMOUSLY to adopt this report. And it has more Republicans than Democrats.

do you have a link? (no liberal blogs as your sources this time please)  since they couldnt even agree to release the report i have a hard time believing they agreed on the investigation

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/10/palin.investigation/index.html

Palin and her husband, Todd, have consistently denied wrongdoing, describing Wooten as a "rogue trooper" who had threatened their family -- allegations Branchflower discounted.

"I conclude that such claims of fear were not bona fide and were offered to provide cover for the Palins' real motivation: to get Trooper Wooten fired for personal family reasons," Branchflower wrote.

The Branchflower report states Todd Palin used his wife's office and its resources to press for Wooten's removal, and the governor "failed to act" to stop it. But because Todd Palin is not a state employee, the report makes no finding regarding his conduct.

The bipartisan Legislative Council, which commissioned the investigation after Monegan was fired, unanimously adopted the 263-page public report after a marathon executive session Friday.

Can't wait to see MrBubbles's spin on that one...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

She made a lot of political enemies up there. She was a whisle blower, they don't like her.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

she uses her power on me, I'm in love with sarah palin or is it tina fey

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

ManusJustus said:
bigjon said:
Democrats are saying the GOP VP canidate abused power... shocking.

A bipartisan investigation that started before Palin was a national political figure concluded that Govenor Palin absued her power.

This doesnt mean that people shouldnt support the McCain/Palin ticket, it means that Palin made a bad decision as govenor.  Admit that she did wrong but that this issue doesn't bother you, or you think other issues are more important, or you can even agree with her actions. 

But don't drink the Koolaid and think the Democrats built a time machine and managed to convince a Republican Alaska legislature to investigate Palin before she became a VP candidate.

Yeah... the republicans were equal pissed at her for cutting off a lot of the free goodies.

If they knew there was a chance she could be VP and out of Alaska they probably wouldn't of started the whole illegal investigation process.

LIES!!! Monegan threatened Palin's dad and was abusive to her sister. If I were her, I would not only fire Monegan, I'd kick him where the sun don't shine...

akuma587 said:
MrBubbles said:
NJ5 said:

We don't need to take akuma's word for it. Here is one of your claims from that thread:

i dont see how it would make it any more painful being in flight or any more dangerous...

yeah...the flight doesnt provide any additional danger when giving birth.  it would have been the as if palin was giving birth in their home.  in the same post i also said "if there was likely to be complications then the doctor would have advised against flying."

So apparently delivering your child in your home is as safe as giving birth on an airplane.  Last time I checked my home doesn't have seatbelts, it can't fly through the air at over 400 mph, I don't have to sit down while my house is taking off, and my house isn't battered with turbulence.

Seriously, mrbubbles, just take a step back for two seconds and look at how ridiculous what you are claiming is.  And her child had Down syndrome, so there were ALREADY complications to consider.

Come on guys, don't even get me started on late-term plane trips  (Cough...From Kenya...cough)  :)  Sorry if this is a double, I had to throw this out there.