By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Sarah Palin abused power ...

God i hope you americans dont vote for MacCain

Around the Network

I think this strengthens Palin's stance as a maverick. Very mavericky.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

madskillz said:

From AP:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - A legislative committee investigating Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has found she unlawfully abused her authority in firing the state's public safety commissioner.

The investigative report concludes that a family grudge wasn't the sole reason for firing Public Safety Commissioner Walter Monegan but says it likely was a contributing factor.

The Republican vice presidential nominee has been accused of firing a commissioner to settle a family dispute. Palin supporters have called the investigation politically motivated.

Monegan says he was dismissed as retribution for resisting pressure to fire a state trooper involved in a bitter divorce with the governor's sister. Palin says Monegan was fired as part of a legitimate budget dispute.

If I remember right... wasn't this legislative comitee abusing their power by investigating this?

Since that job belonged to a totally different council and it was just obvious they were breaking the law to try and "get" her.  I don't like the women either... but this councils findings aren't suprising and shouldn't be noted.

Palin has a lot of enemies in Alaska and they pulled an illegal investigation to make stuff up.  Funny since it just means they're going to have to put up with her longer when McCain loses.

akuma587 said:
MrBubbles said:
she is legally allowed to request wooten be fired. people have the right to lodge complaints and make requests like that.

I'll never forget the time mrbubbles tried to convince me that delivering a baby on an airplane was as safe as delivering it in a hospital.  Man, that was such a funny night...

Apparently he was actually right in that it's not a health risk to be pregnant and be on a plane.  Like so many people wrongly thought.

Only risk being it may cause you stress which may induce pregnancy earlier.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
MrBubbles, the panel voted UANIMOUSLY to adopt this report. And it has more Republicans than Democrats.

If the Congress unanimously voted they would take up a surpeme court case they still couldn't start ruling on cases.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
MrBubbles, the panel voted UANIMOUSLY to adopt this report. And it has more Republicans than Democrats.

do you have a link? (no liberal blogs as your sources this time please)  since they couldnt even agree to release the report i have a hard time believing they agreed on the investigation

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

NJ5 said:

We don't need to take akuma's word for it. Here is one of your claims from that thread:

i dont see how it would make it any more painful being in flight or any more dangerous...

yeah...the flight doesnt provide any additional danger when giving birth.  it would have been the as if palin was giving birth in their home.  in the same post i also said "if there was likely to be complications then the doctor would have advised against flying."

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
NJ5 said:

We don't need to take akuma's word for it. Here is one of your claims from that thread:

i dont see how it would make it any more painful being in flight or any more dangerous...

yeah...the flight doesnt provide any additional danger when giving birth.  its the same as someone giving birth in their home.

Does your home regularly experience 100 knot cross-winds, turbulence and sudden loss of altitude?

Mine doesn't, but I don't live in an earthquake or hurricane area.

PS: I'd also think we should set the bar a bit higher than comparing it with giving birth on a house.

any events that were likely to occur would not have harmed her or her childs health

MrBubbles said:
any events that were likely to occur would not have harmed her or her childs health

Is that why many airlines don't carry late pregnancy women?

Anyway, my reply to you was just to show people that you had in fact put it that way in the other thread. My work is done in this regard (which is offtopic anyway).