By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looking for a PC game controller.

I dident know where to put this...PC or Microsoft discussion, mostly because I'm really interested in getting a Xbox 360 controller to play games on my PC.

Now the only game I would seriosuly use this for are FPS' and Knights Of The Old Republic and such, I want to know if it will work with most games. If it will work at all, or if anyone has any better suggestions.

Around the Network

I don't see why it wouldn't. I've yet to find a game that mine won't work in. 'Cept maybe some old dos games that don't support USB.

Yes, it works with anything. I would also suggest this one for emulators (N64 mostly): http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/gamepads/devices/288&cl=US,EN

The D-pad is functional at least. The older versions sucked though!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

ok so Xbox 360 controller it is. Wired or Wirless?

Wired costs less, and it does the same job. Also, if you ever get a 360 and don't want to spend tons of cash on batteries, get the wired one. ;)

Extra controllers FTW!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

You can use a wireless 360 controller... it supports all Games for Windows games (is mandatory that all Games for Windows needs to support the 360 controller). And you can configure the controller to use it on emulators too. But you need to buy the PC dongle, $20 dlls.

You can also use a wired 360 controller, but im my personal opinion, wireless is better.

You can also use a Wii Remote or a PS3 controller if your PC has a Bluetooth module (you can buy one for the same as the 360 PC dongle).

Or you can use a PS3 controller without need to buy anything else, just connecting the controller via USB.

The one that SHMUPGurus put up is the same one I have, it works well enough although I would never use it for a FPS game IMO.

BTW, the D-pad is absolutely terrible on that thing, but apparently the only companies making a usable D-pad are Nintendo and Sony.

Wait you are using a dual analog controller to play PC fps? Why?

sc94597 said:
Wait you are using a dual analog controller to play PC fps? Why?

Debating...mostly for KOTOR right now

I would get a wired controller since I assume you'll be near your PC when you're playing and if you get a wireless controller you will also need to get a receiver for it