By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: We want Xbox 360 to succeed in Japan

Menago KF said:
You would have thought that after a couple of years, with the DS and Wii making a mint from their games, Sony would learn something about games that most people want in Japan.

Imo, there is nothing sophisticated in better graphics as compared to a different way of playing that the Wii and DS offer.

But being different doesn't mean being better. It just means offering a different experience. But whether it's good or bad depends on the person getting it.

The Wii is kinda like a swimming pool. When you didn't have it, you're all excited to get one. And then you get one. Initially you're happy, but the excitement fades away that you get bored with it. But then, you have guests and neighbors dropping by, trying it out, wishing they could have one, too.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

Around the Network

for a man who really benefits about ps3 sells. that's something unexpected, maybe fan boys should learn from him.  Power to the HD!!!

F.U. Fun University.

he wants to HD consoles together beat wii.

they know alone can't compete but with 360 the HD market is larger.

if both consoles gets sunstantial boosts more third party games are comming even if
they are multiplatform its win win situation for both.

sony still would get the lead on a better first party and quality hardware.

if you wanna push HD consoles then get rid of the PS2

man... people always read too much into what people at sony says. now thats pathetic.

Around the Network
matt247 said:
if you wanna push HD consoles then get rid of the PS2

Well said. Selling a decade old system,  and acting like they are the pioneers of HD gaming, this just wont do.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

This man understands that without the combined install base of 360 and PS3, HD development would choke to death.

With the Japan current-gen console market being ~70% Wii, the danger is that all third-party games designed for Japanese release will opt for Wii exclusivity. Developers need to see it as an 'HD install base' rather than a 'PS3 or 360 install base' in order to justify new projects.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
This man understands that without the combined install base of 360 and PS3, HD development would choke to death.

With the Japan current-gen console market being ~70% Wii, the danger is that all third-party games designed for Japanese release will opt for Wii exclusivity. Developers need to see it as an 'HD install base' rather than a 'PS3 or 360 install base' in order to justify new projects.

Damn beat me too it. This is why I think this generation is so odd. It's like 2 against 1. HD -v- Wii, Mano e Mano, lol. I liked it better when each individual system had their own "voice". Now PS360 is slowly having very lil' distinction. =/

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

famousringo said:

Do developers really think of the current console market that way, i.e. - HD vs SD gaming?  I thought the developers/publishers looked primarily at installed base and installed demographics, i.e. - casual gamer vs hardcore gamer.

it's surprising to hear sony say it out-loud but like stated above: this generation isn't wii vs ps3 or wii vs. 360.....it's wii vs. ps360 (and you might as well throw PC in there too).

my enemy's enemy is my friend. xD