By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dead Rising Wii is a terrible, terrible idea (Final Build)

I read at Capcom's forums that the AI was terrible. The dogs always followed the same pattern.. I think it's IGN who gave this info from their impressions at the Nintendo summit.

Characters seem to float. Watch the main character when he riding a bike, pushing the supermarkey trolley or using the lawnmower.

And round shadows are just horrible.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

I wonder how long it took capcom to crap this game out.

That's just the dogs, and that's still just reduced AI. Bad AI means glitchy. That's still not "turdy" in any sense.

And okay, some floating glitches do seem bad.

"just horrible"? Did you think that about RE4, or the vast majority of 3D games ever made? Or do you think it's only horrible in the 7th gen? It doesn't work that way. If those weren't considered bad points then, they don't magically become bad points now.

And yes, some 3D things were considered bad back then, and are not missed now.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@arsenal: I doubt it took them more than 1 month with a team of 5 people working for a few hours daily, except for the weekends.

The game is still the same game we saw the first time they unveiled it and it has been probably finished since July. They are just releasing it later to make it look like they improved it or just delay it to make a better experience.

I'm sure they don't want this to affect sales of their other ports, like RE Wii edition or the gimped Moto GP 08.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Stop lying. The game may be rushed and disappointing as hell, but they could not have remade the graphics for the Wii in that little time, with a team that small.

Why is anything less than shovelware not acceptable to you? Why does "they took their time, but not nearly enough," seem like a compliment to the game to you?

The game is not shovelware. It would have to use assets that already exist to do that, and these were clearly remade, even if not in a flattering manner to the game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network

Also, the cutscenes are not "reused", assuming you meant FMVs. The trailers show the cutscenes with having reduced graphics compared to the 360 version, which means there are from this game's engine, and even the kotaku article was at least impressed by that.

Yes I meant the FMV's. And I'm lying as much as you are, if you can call it "lying". Everyone is making assumptions, though I believe mines are much closer than yours.

The game is clearly shovelware or just another quick-buck. Just like their new strategy of porting GC RE titles to the Wii, which are probably going to be used for extra publicity for RE5. Hell even this game is being released close to RE5 just to give Capcom enough money to make a proper ad campaign for RE5.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

TheTruthHurts! said:
The Wii is a good system.....but for this particular game, its hardware limitations show....bigtime!

It’s not the hardware it’s the team the lazy team! Mah I never cared about it anyways I cold have bought it on my 360 if I wanted it.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

No, it is not an assumption to know you can't redraw every texture and character in a game of that scale in the time you assume. That's simply not how game development works.

You think the PS2 version of RE4 took nine months just to make the extras? They still had to redo the entire set of graphics. Of course it was easier to make the game work, but this game still took more effort than you want to admit.

It could have been given not enough time and money for a quick buck. But that is not the definition of shovelware. No matter how much you insist this took almost no effort, that will not make it so.

TheTruthHurts! said:
The Wii is a good system.....but for this particular game, its hardware limitations show....bigtime!

I haven't played the original so I can't tell you what kind of AI they had behind the zombies, but what I can tell you is that 6 zombies in a large wide open area is not a technical limitation or even anywhere close to it.  Any limitation here is from the development team either being lazy or not knowing wth they are doing.

As I said, since I don't know what degree of AI existed in the 360 version of the game I have no way of knowing if the Wii version could have fully lived up to the 360 version, but this current incarnation doesn't live up to what the Wii is capable of at all.

To Each Man, Responsibility