By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My worst Xbox 360 week yet.

bobobologna said:
Coca-Cola said:
I wasn't thinking right earlier.
I was so upset. some people eat when they are upset, I like to go buy electronics.

I almost bought a PS3, Arcade, and/or a laptop today.

I saved about $500 today. What should I do with that money?

Buy a PS3.

No seriously, good job.  You would have probably had instant buyer's remorse if you bought any of those without first thinking about it.  Good choice to just wait for the replacement.

thanks, I'm glad I waited out too.

I was very close.  but thankfully, I just couldn't make up my mind about which console to get.

Around the Network

Wow, the rate of RROD is frightening. I went the PS3 route myself this week as I'm a movie fanatic and was looking to get into Blu-ray as well as having an HD gaming console.

The course of action I'd recommend depends on your existing library of 360 games and your preference for Blu-ray. If you don't have a lot of money already tied up in a collection of games for the 360, have an HDTV, and are looking to go the Blu-ray route then I'd say you should get a PS3 and sell the 360s after they get back from being repaired. If you already have a large 360 library and don't care too much about Blu-ray then I'd recommend sending the 360s to be repaired, buying an arcade to hold you over, and selling one of the repaired consoles when you get them back.

ahcheng said:
go get a new 360!!!

We all know ahcheng's is not the smartest person here so back to the point If i were you i would wait to get my 360's back

and if happens again I would just buy a PS3.

I mean 4 RROD that too much.

My friend Just got his third and he's finaly gone switch to PS3.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

5 to 6 weeks? where do you live? It takes 2 weeks tops in the US.

so u get 3 rrod xbox's and u are seriously thinking about getting another 360..... WOW so ummmmm i have these magic beans for $100 each but with them u can....

My PSN Name is:  EvilChronos    add me if u want :)

END OF GENERATION PREDICTIONS  "9-21-08"

PS3=130M     360=90M     Wii=120M     DS=130M     PSP=70M

Other Prediction: The PS3 will overtake the 360 XMAS of 09  "9-21-08"

Around the Network
Coca-Cola said:
I wasn't thinking right earlier.
I was so upset. some people eat when they are upset, I like to go buy electronics.

I almost bought a PS3, Arcade, and/or a laptop today.

I saved about $500 today. What should I do with that money?

Donate it to charity. Better yet, I'll be kind enough to do it for you. Just send me the $500. n_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Don't listen to the Playstation 3 fanboys that want you to buy a useless system for games that won't come out in quite some time.

Get an Arcade, and sell one of the 2 other 360's when they get repaired.

Sucks to see/hear that your old refurbs died. Fortunately, the new systems are much better.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Don't listen to the Playstation 3 fanboys that want you to buy a useless system for games that won't come out in quite some time.

Get an Arcade, and sell one of the 2 other 360's when they get repaired.

Sucks to see/hear that your old refurbs died. Fortunately, the new systems are much better.

who is talking about useless system huh? He is talking about how many times his Xbox 360 RROD on him and he is frustrated about it. That itself is a useless to still keep throwing money on something unreliable that keeps dying on you. Go figure, another fanboy to tell you something otherwise. PS3 usless? na, it doesn't die on you like the 360. PS3 is just building up its gaming library since 360 got one year head start and you just can't wait for the games to come out so you say something immature.

Also, i don't think all the people that said get a PS3 are fanboys. They just say an alternative choice to ease his RROD problem. Another blind attack to others.

faye - Coca Cola never said he was fusterated. He just was looking for advice if he should get an Arcade or wait.

Instead he's been acosted by raving PS3 fanboys trying to get him to drop his entire OP to buy your system of choice. Don't you get how useless that line is?

He ASKED about if he should buy an Arcade. Not a PS3. If he wanted a PS3, he would of asked if he should get a PS3 or Arcade. He didn't ask that, did he?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Coca-Cola said:
Smashed said:
Get a PS3.

Problem solved ;).

I can't think straight right now.

I was thinking about getting a PS3 but it's still too expensive and I have 2 xbox 360 just in case one got RROD.

I'm also thinking about getting the Arcade - cheaper than PS3 and I can enjoy the games I already have.

then I was thinking that maybe BlluRay add-on would be nice for 360 for about $100.

But why get an add-on that will not be as good as the BR player in PS3?

And  . . .

He also mentioned he was thinking about getting a PS3 afterwards. The move to getting an Arcade is good and cheap. He can sell the other 2 refurburbished Xbox 360's. I just don't trust the cheap price, sometimes too cheap and its past history can reflect on what the buyer should get to prevent problems from coming back in the future.