By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Could Dark Knight win Best Picture?

Im not joking when i say that The Departed might be the worst of the 7 Scorsese movies ive seen till now. And thats the one that gets him the Oscar. Ironic

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network
BringBackChrono said:
Im not joking when i say that The Departed might be the worst of the 7 Scorsese movies ive seen till now. And thats the one that gets him the Oscar. Ironic

They get worse. The Departed was actually the best of the DiCaprio fetish movies. The Departed is a great flick, but is never going to be linked to Scorsese the same way Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, and Raging Bull are. The Academy has been wanting to hand Scorsese an Oscar since Gangs of New York(bleh!) but they couldn't justify it until The Departed. They sprung at the chance to right that wrong.

I know you like your movies, so if you're into documentaries at all, try and watch Tarnation. It's a great flick from about 5 years back. It's not about any important issues. It's a collection of videos this guy took of his life and his mother in particular. It's a really good, heartbreaking movie and a better story than just about anything that could be written.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

The 2 lowest-grossing Scorsese films were The King of Comedy and The Last Temptation of Christ, and yet... along with Taxi Driver, those round out my favorite 3.

@Onyxmeth
That sounds pretty interesting. Will definitely look into it.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

- Rorschach

BringBackChrono said:
@Onyxmeth
That sounds pretty interesting. Will definitely look into it.

Please do. It's a crime that more people haven't seen it. Also I don't know if you're a fan or know of him, but try some Guy Maddin movies. Really whacky stuff. The Saddest Music in the World is absolutely hilarious. He does silent movies also, but I haven't seen any yet to know if they're any good.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I was lucky enough to see The Saddest Music in the World in the theater and it was awesome as hell. I forgot about it and never looked up the director's name. Thank you thank you thank you.

Guy Maddin fans!? YAY. Saddest Music in the world was wonderful.

I actually got to see one of his more recent films "My Winnipeg" at the Toronto Film Festival. Even if you can't point out Winnipeg on a map, you've got to see it. It's just such a wondrous, funny and absurdly Maddinish film.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I was lucky enough to see The Saddest Music in the World in the theater and it was awesome as hell. I forgot about it and never looked up the director's name. Thank you thank you thank you.

Roberta Rosselini with a glass leg will be imbedded in my mind til the day I day.

Check out Maddin's WIKI page. It gives a good account of his body of work. I didn't know he dabbled so often in shot films until I visited it while I was writing the post to Chronos.

I was wondering if you have watched any of the Indian classics?
Rubang, being in art school, you must be familiar with the works of Satyajit Ray?

- Rorschach

Onyxmeth said:

Check out Maddin's WIKI page. It gives a good account of his body of work. I didn't know he dabbled so often in shot films until I visited it while I was writing the post to Chronos.

His short films are some of his best work. How can you not love Sissy Boy Slap Party?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.