By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My console collection is complete.

great you have got 3 consoles Was it worth it?

Around the Network

Braid and N+ if you like platformers, and you don't need a gold account to download the games. It comes with a Silver (free account) and I believe you get one month of free gold service just for activating. After that expires you will not be able to play multiplayer. SP still rocks in those games.

Edit:  BTW I see the pic of your setup.  That looks nice!!!  My wife would have a fit, but enjoy it while you can.

(Deep down I am jelous, I am still rockin the CRT <SDTV>)

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

oliminator1994 said:
great you have got 3 consoles Was it worth it?

Dunno yet.  The PS3 and Wii were, but I have literally had the 360 for like an hour... kinda hard to tell this early.  I'll put up impressions after a few days or so.

Coolio.

My recommended game starter pack for you:

JRPG: Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia (if you are in NA), Infinite Undiscovery, Blue Dragon and then wait for The Last Remnant

Platformers: Kameo, Castle Crashers, Braid, Castlevania SOTN and then wait for Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts

Adventure: Ninja Gaiden II, Crackdown, Dead Rising, Oblivion, Mass Effect and then wait for Fable 2 or Fallout 3 or Saints Row 2

I am assuming when you say adventure you mean action oriented or RPG is fine. You should give the normal staples Gears, Halo 3, BioShock a shot even if you dont like shooters as they are great adventures. Gears is not FPS but on a third person view.

Tales of Vesperia if you can frickin find it anywhere.

Buying online is your friend.

Around the Network

Ace combat 6 perhaps?

Yeah I've gotten tired of waiting for the PC version of Braid. I'll definitely get that.

I havent seen this metioned yet and it totally bombed Too Human.

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

naznatips said:

I bought a 360 Arcade (basically entirely on a whim).  You guys know the drill.  Suggest games. 

I have no intention of paying for Live Gold, so don't suggest any games that are only worth it with online play.  I like JRPGs, platformers, and adventure games best on consoles.  FPS games avoid if possible, as well as racing games.  Basically already bought all the racing games I'm gonna buy this gen on PS3 and Wii. Avoid suggesting PS3/PC multiplats, as I probably already bought them on the other platform.  You can always check my up-to-date games list in my profile if you aren't sure though.

Gamertag is naznatips, so add me if you want.  I'll take a picture of my 3 beautiful consoles sitting together whenever I find a camera.

Update: Camera found

Lets see:

Kameo

Braid

Viva Pinata

Dead Rising (even if you want CTYD, get this version)

Blue Dragon (if you like more Dragon Quest-esque RPGs)

Tales of Vesperia

Mass Effect (didn't see it on your games list)

Those would be the good ones off the top of my head. There's a ton more, but it just depends on the genre.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

naznatips said:
Yeah I've gotten tired of waiting for the PC version of Braid. I'll definitely get that.

Whats that?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)