By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Obama/McCain 2nd Debate Thread!

Jackson50 said:

These debates are mundane. I wish they would stick a third party candidate in there to enliven them.

Brokaw would have given them 30 seconds each then...

Around the Network

Brokaw was such a little bitch!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

akuma587 said:
Brokaw was such a little bitch!

That he was sir. Both candidates walked all over him and his silly "rules"

Currently playing: Civ 6

Fox News.com

Question of the Day Who won the second presidential debate in Nashville?

John McCain 39%

Barack Obama 61%

Total Voters:2856

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

There's something we can all agree on: Brokaw is a terrible moderator.

Around the Network

Anyway, it looks like Obama won this debate according to the voters....
If McCain doesn't kill him in the next debate then his campaign is nearly over.

that is so strange, on the radio it sounded like mccain won!
then I saw the taping and McCain looked like he was a crazy old coot!

theprof00 said:
jackson, then vote for an independant.
An independant has to receive a certain share of the votes before they are even allowed to debate at the NEXT election !!!

A third-party candidate must receive 15% support in at least five national polls to be included in a debate. The original threshold was 10%, but the Republicans and Democrats had it raised after the Perot scare in 92. I have selected Barr the few times the pollsters have contacted me, so I am doing my part. I think they should include a different third-party candidate for each debate to enliven our national discourse. One debate would feature Nader, the second debate would feature McKinney, and the third would feature Barr. I know this is crude, but our national discourse has become stale. We need something to enliven it. We could also attempt Nader's idea, but the Republicrats would never allow it.

lol they raised the req's for debate! I think maybe I should vote for an independant as well, seeing as how my state is going to be Obama by like 70%.

theprof00 said:
that is so strange, on the radio it sounded like mccain won!
then I saw the taping and McCain looked like he was a crazy old coot!

I wouldn't go so far to say he looked like a crazy old coot, I felt the same way in general.  McCain spoke very well.

I still don't agree with him.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.