By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Obama/McCain 2nd Debate Thread!

All the debates have been pretty uneventful so far.. which I believe favors Obama since he's so far ahead right now.

McCain would pretty much have to score a knockout blow in order to get ahead at all.

Around the Network
Sam Yikin said:
I must say McCain gets respect points for not stooping down to character attacks.

He is delegating that task to Palin.

damkira said:
All the debates have been pretty uneventful so far.. which I believe favors Obama since he's so far ahead right now.

McCain would pretty much have to score a knockout blow in order to get ahead at all.

I'm not so sure debates really have that kind of impact on the campaign ...

If there is a clear cut knockout blow it might have an impact on a large number of voters, but I think most debates just end up re-enforcing the person someone decided to vote for and possibly making someone more or less upset if their favourite candidate doesn't win.

Cindy didn't shake Michelles hand, because McCain rushed out of there before shaking hands and such.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

HappySqurriel said:
damkira said:

If there is a clear cut knockout blow it might have an impact on a large number of voters, but I think most debates just end up re-enforcing the person someone decided to vote for and possibly making someone more or less upset if their favourite candidate doesn't win.

Enforcing=Obama victory right now.

Around the Network
Sam Yikin said:
HappySqurriel said:
damkira said:

Enforcing=Obama victory right now.

Certainly, but I'm not too sure that anything McCain could have done tonight would have changed that ...

Realistically, nothing that Obama, Biden, McCain or Palin is really having much of an impact on who is going to win this election anymore. The ecconomy is really what is going to determine how people vote in a month, and it has seemed like people have been switching from terror to optimism every few weeks for the past several months.

Obama 54% - McCain 30% According to CNN

24 points guys.

Currently playing: Civ 6

I'm going to go ahead and call this one for Obama. I haven't seen scientific polls yet, but online polls give Obama a huge lead (CNN.com has Obama at 80 percent).

Online polls are not reliable and alienate large groups from their survey, but I dont think its possible for McCain to win online polls being this clear in Obama's favor.

These debates are mundane. I wish they would stick a third party candidate in there to enliven them.

jackson, then vote for an independant.
An independant has to receive a certain share of the votes before they are even allowed to debate at the NEXT election !!!