By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official Obama/McCain 2nd Debate Thread!

wow is it just me or did mccain insult the fuck out of obama

i seem to remember mccain refer to obama as "that one" at one point. wtf!?!?

Around the Network

Tie. Neither one had a knockout.

McCain won. McCain was harder hitting on Obama, Obama was able to survive without getting crushed but with limited response times and selective questions I think it's a little harder for McCain to completely rip on Obama.

PC Gamer

I didn't watch it on tv, but i heard it on the radio. I felt like mccain won. I don't know it seemed really unfair.

McCain came off as an agitated old man.

Around the Network

My friends, our friendship won tonight. I feel closer to MC Cain, he's my BFF.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Ickalanda said:
McCain won. McCain was harder hitting on Obama, Obama was able to survive without getting crushed but with limited response times and selective questions I think it's a little harder for McCain to completely rip on Obama.

Hah.

If people asked me and you the question "who won" and we had to debate it, then pretend I am mccain and you are Obama.

I know "that one" over there. He's a hardcore republican, and he's only 17, talk about being concerned about other peoples money. I've known him a long time, and he was with the young republicans and met john mccain one time and actually told him he was his idol. You can't really expect to get a fair answer out of him because he actually was going to change his middle name to mccain for a while. Asking him a question like "who won" is like asking him "who is your mommy and daddy voting for?" This man has no credentials, no experience, and he is as biased as he is wrong about the question.

Now, you are Obama. As a person of authority people will believe what i say almost automatically, as studies have shown. Tell me who won and why and also defend yourself from these accusations within 2 minutes.

This is what happened in the debate.

I didn't get to see much of it but what I did see had a tie in the actual debate and an Obama win in body language. He was much more calm and expressive while McCain paced a lot and seemed very tense, particularly moving his arm around very sharply.

Also I'm guessing he won't be saying 'My friends' every few seconds next debate.

It seems that my life is getting in the way of my TV watching (I'm mostly joking) and I didn't see most of the debate ...

I caught the last half hour of the debate and I think that there was way too much time to respond to many of the questions that were asked; it seemed like the candidates tended to adress as much of the question as they intended on answering in the first 30 seconds, and then they decided to meander for a little while until they were close enough to a talking point they wanted to cover in the debate.

I must say McCain gets respect points for not stooping down to character attacks.