By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - XBLA vs. PSN vs. WiiWare/Virtual Console

i like vc/ww. the ps store is easy to work but i have yet to see a game to buy.

Around the Network

Oh come one the PSN has a great variety it has updated classics, Full Multiplayer games, Horro games, Racing Sims, Puzzle games, Advanced 3d Fighting Games, Full games, small games and in between games. I'm sorry I just don't see how the PS3 has a lesser variety than the other two when it has more ambitious games.

I was expecting a Wii/360 tie in the quality department to be honest. But I can see why the author gave it to the 360.

Well, I cannot judge the XBLA and PSN, but much of what is said about the Wii appears to be spot on ... even if you don't like hearing it.

Some of it was unnecessarily harsh -- which is not surprising as this site has lower average review scores for all three consoles (with the Wii scores the most below the mean). But other than complaints about not being able to load in the background, I agree with most of the comments. Some weeks, the VC releases just seem to be there. Plus in the US, we don't have C64 releases yet, so -1 for us.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- In the US, Monday is VC/WW release day.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Gee... a Eurogamer article. Which console maker will come out on top? Which one will it be? X360 maybe?

Around the Network

Interesting article. Sounds pretty spot on. I'd say give VC/WW and PSN another year to catch XboxLive though with HOME coming this year it should push Sony further ahead of VC/WW and closer the XboxLive.

RolStoppable said:
Most of their reasoning makes sense, but I don't understand why the Wii didn't get at least a tie with the 360 in the quality department.

Are you suggesting that classics like Gungstar Heroes and Super Metroid are better than cell phone games in HD? Don`t be absurd. Puzzle games and SHMUPS are above that.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Groucho said:
Gee... a Eurogamer article. Which console maker will come out on top? Which one will it be? X360 maybe?

Well they're right this time.

I would also like to add that I hope XBL and PSN, or at the very least one of them, stays around, adds great content weekly and hopefully adds a Music and Music Video Download and streming store as well, the last thing we want is in 5-10 years, the only way to get DD media is through Apple, that would suck, monopolies suck.

Beja-Beja said:
Oh come one the PSN has a great variety it has updated classics, Full Multiplayer games, Horro games, Racing Sims, Puzzle games, Advanced 3d Fighting Games, Full games, small games and in between games. I'm sorry I just don't see how the PS3 has a lesser variety than the other two when it has more ambitious games.

If you're trying to make a legitimate counterpoint to the PS3 having more variety or as much variety as XBLA and WiiWare/Virtual Console, you may want to be a little less vague. "Full games, small games and in between games" isn't a very strong argument and neither are the vague examples that preceded it.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

^^^^ The Ps3 has full retail games like GT5P Burnout, Warhawk, NFL Headcoach. Small DL games like Pixeljunk Eden, and games somewhere in between which means Ratchet and Clank Future. That is all downloadable for the PSN the others have nothing that equates. Nothing against the other services but seriously the PSN has games that are genres unto themselves.

Flow, Linger In the Shadows, and all the PS eye games. I mean the other two don't have peripheral centric games. The PSN has a great variety.