By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Holiday bundle rumor: lego indiana jones and kung fu panda

Just like I thought, drop a couple games in to sweeten the pot, although I'm surprised these bundles hitting the market this early, I was expecting November release dates.

Around the Network

Well, it's free. Even if they are considered to be shitty by most of us. Actually Kung-fu Panda actually got decent review score.

Both movies are coming to DVD so I think it is as good as any to make it a bundle. You have to think that people that shop for 360 this holidays will be mom and dad or grandparents. The non-gamers always look confused in gaming area, what better than 2 games that they would recognized instantly and feel good about getting it for little Johnny.

They would have no clue what Viva Pinata or Scene it is. They also need to keep the bundle with E+ rating so it's suitable for all.

its not a rumor check gamestop.com look under coming soon.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I applaud microsoft for actually securing some bundles that actually fit in with their new vision. A dashboard change needed to be suported by something like this. Plus the new scene it, lips, viva etc. They seem to be making a dedicated attempt at relaunching the console. Which is a good thing if it ends up attracting some casuals, its not like they're going to stop selling the hardcore games anyway, they've got lots coming out. Attracting new demographics can only be seen as a good thing (and sets them up well in regards to how they position the next xbox), hell if they fail they can just go back to what they're already doing.

When I say relaunch I mean the nxe etc. It may or may not be a called relaunch, but in general they're moving to re-position the brand and its something that needed to be done. Better they do it now then next gen (so they can work out what works and what doesn't etc).

Around the Network
mysticD said:
Well, it's free. Even if they are considered to be shitty by most of us. Actually Kung-fu Panda actually got decent review score.

Both movies are coming to DVD so I think it is as good as any to make it a bundle. You have to think that people that shop for 360 this holidays will be mom and dad or grandparents. The non-gamers always look confused in gaming area, what better than 2 games that they would recognized instantly and feel good about getting it for little Johnny.

They would have no clue what Viva Pinata or Scene it is. They also need to keep the bundle with E+ rating so it's suitable for all.

your kidding me right?  viva pinata has a tv show and Scene It is a board game.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
mysticD said:

your kidding me right?  viva pinata has a tv show and Scene It is a board game.

Viva Pinata has a tv show? I've never heard of it (I have the first VP game btw). I never knew Scene It is a board game, though it makes sense that it could be based off of a trivia board game. I'd never heard of it before your post either.

As for Kung-fu Panda, I've never seen it, but I do know it is based off of a movie. As for Lego IJ, well everybody knows Lego and Indiana Jones, so no problems there.

You see I'm an avid 360 fan and even I had no clue about what you thought most everyone would recognize...I think MS made some good choices based on trying to pull in non-gamer oriented customers, like mysticD pointed out.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

you should be able to download some free episodes for VP off XBL, if you wanted to check it out.

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

That seems pretty lame. Your bundles are games that exist on every other system: Wii, PS3, PS2 & DS.

At least include exclusive games the cannot get elsewhere, and make the Elite bundle a game that will sell more systems to the hardcore gamer.

A Halo 3 bundle for the Elite makes way to much sense.

bundling 800 points for the XBLA would be good too. they can get 1-2 games, but more importantly it gets them looking through the store at all the amazing games.