By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Quick thought review - Battle of the Bands

Picked this up for $20 today at Walmart. Its simple, its nothing amazing as far as bringing something new to the table, but it is ADDICTIVE. I was SO going to bed 40 minutes ago. Its fun to hear the different crossovers of a song done in different genres. Its simple and it makes fun of itself, but for $20, its not bad. If your Wii is subject to parties, this might be a game to bust out.

Around the Network

cool quick review, but i will probably never get it lol

What I love the most about the downloadable services offered on all three consoles is there are so many worthwhile ways to spend the little money you have so you don't have to dig in the bargain bins for average games to play anymore. $20 can buy me Mega Man 9 and Duke Nukem 3D.

This isn't meant to slight you bardicverse. I'm sure you really like the game. I'm just speaking on my own experiences trying to justify games the lower they go in price.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

What I love the most about the downloadable services offered on all three consoles is there are so many worthwhile ways to spend the little money you have so you don't have to dig in the bargain bins for average games to play anymore. $20 can buy me Mega Man 9 and Duke Nukem 3D.

This isn't meant to slight you bardicverse. I'm sure you really like the game. I'm just speaking on my own experiences trying to justify games the lower they go in price.

Sure its not. I challenge you to a rap battle! ;)

Part of being a dev is to rummage through the bargain bin and see why a game tanked. If you play all the AAA games, you're just going to make a clone attempt. If you rummage through the bombs, you might find some good ideas that just weren't implemented well, and maybe borrow/revive some concepts. For example, I present Eternal Darkness. This was a sleeper hit, not so much a bomb, but a lot of people didn't play this game. The insanity meter in this game and the way the character affected by it is genius. It would be a shame to never see this idea used in another game again.

bardicverse said:
Onyxmeth said:

Sure its not. I challenge you to a rap battle! ;)

Part of being a dev is to rummage through the bargain bin and see why a game tanked. If you play all the AAA games, you're just going to make a clone attempt. If you rummage through the bombs, you might find some good ideas that just weren't implemented well, and maybe borrow/revive some concepts. For example, I present Eternal Darkness. This was a sleeper hit, not so much a bomb, but a lot of people didn't play this game. The insanity meter in this game and the way the character affected by it is genius. It would be a shame to never see this idea used in another game again.

I was taking this more from the perspective of a gamer, not a developer. Wouldn't a Gamefly subscription be more useful to you though if your aim is to play many games of different levels of entertainment? At least you wouldn't get stuck with a stinker.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:

I was taking this more from the perspective of a gamer, not a developer. Wouldn't a Gamefly subscription be more useful to you though if your aim is to play many games of different levels of entertainment? At least you wouldn't get stuck with a stinker.

Youre absolutely right, I keep forgetting to do that =) Most of the bargain bin purchases are part of my impulsive buying. So far the worst of the bunch is Alien Syndrome, and even that is tolerable