By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft’s pockets not so deep for the Xbox 360 division

Sony has been battling for profit for years... it's only recently they got back into fighting shape on the electronic front.

Around the Network

Again instead of a real discussion thread this becomes another fanboy vs fanboy thread!

MS today, Sony yesterday, Nintendo tommorrow...a tightening of the belt isnt the spell of doom!

The X-Box lost $5 billion last generation and this didn't end their game, Sony have lost a few billion this gen but apart from a bit of belt tightening it hasn't meant much. OK so Nintendo have no such example but being a fan I would hate the day they lose money... and you know everyone else will say it's the end for them too! AND IT WON"T BE!

I used to be proud to be a fanboy but now it's a word that just brings shame!

Wii - 3810 4459 0841 8442 - (Message me to add me)

360 - LuminalACE

PS3 - AUS-ACE

URNotE said:
Microsoft is not made out of a mountain of cash. There will come a time when that cash runs out and the money tree backfires.

Yeah, but that time is 20+ years away....for the near term (5 years or so) they have unlimited cash.

Their shareholders do NOT punish them for losing money on Xbox. They consider the whole ED division a little sideshow from the main show, the cash cows of Windows and Office.

Trying to convince me the Wii is a real adult game machine 'if you play it right' is like trying to convince me Tofu tastes great 'if you just cook it right'

@jkimball
nice boobies!!

Huh. I figured this thread was bumped because of the Tekken 6 thread in which people are claiming this is another instance of Microsoft paying tons of cash, when clearly it isn't.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Ummm. Developers trying to make more money by releasing to a larger userbase?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.