By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 10 Things We Can Actually Tell You About Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360)

DO WANT

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

....I am pissed this game comes out a few days before ToS2....I won't be able to get this then...

Former something....

Damn, I had convinced myself not to purchase this until it was nice and cheap due to the sheer amount of games coming out this holiday season.Now I will probably get this on day one.

JaggedSac said:

#7—People die: Obviously, I can’t tell you who or why or when, but some characters you care about definitely will. It’s all part of Gears 2’s more emotionally impactful storyline. The writers have crafted a story with a lot more punch feeling-wise, resulting in a story that’s overall a lot more satisfying than the first. And coming out the other end, you’ll likely feel a lot more invested in these characters and the fate of Sera than you ever have before. I’m not saying the game will make you cry, but you’ll definitely say “whoa” a couple times under your breath.

I refuse to believe that anyone could truly care about the characters in this series. Furthermore, it's almost impossible to believe that the people who made the first are capable of writing a story that is actually worth an investment of one's time. This game will live or die by its action scenes, the story will no doubt be juvenile, stereotypical gibberish.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Picko said:
JaggedSac said:

#7—People die: Obviously, I can’t tell you who or why or when, but some characters you care about definitely will. It’s all part of Gears 2’s more emotionally impactful storyline. The writers have crafted a story with a lot more punch feeling-wise, resulting in a story that’s overall a lot more satisfying than the first. And coming out the other end, you’ll likely feel a lot more invested in these characters and the fate of Sera than you ever have before. I’m not saying the game will make you cry, but you’ll definitely say “whoa” a couple times under your breath.

I refuse to believe that anyone could truly care about the characters in this series. Furthermore, it's almost impossible to believe that the people who made the first are capable of writing a story that is actually worth an investment of one's time. This game will live or die by its action scenes, the story will no doubt be juvenile, stereotypical gibberish.

They brought on some pretty good writers... give it a chance before you scream juvenile.  As for the first one... well the Cole Train made it worth it...