By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tomb RaiderUW: X360 exclusive DLC

DMeisterJ said:
w00t?

This whole exclusive DLC thing is pretty crappy. Especially with the first episode coming out this december.

What's up with that?

The game comes out in a few weeks, but it needs Episodic content 2 months later? Why not just put it in the game?

That's so fucking stupid.

I should buy the PS3 version on my future PS3 just to do the exact opposite of what this is supposed to do. At least then, I'd have a complete version of the game. Not be nickel and dimed to death.

Do you mean you'd have a game without possible add-ons, or are you saying that the PS3 version will be more complete at launch than the 360 version?

You don't have to buy the DLC, but the option is there if you decide to.

Around the Network

Tomb Raider 1 and 2 were the best, 3 was great, 4 was above average, 5 was average. Angel of Darkness shouldn't have Existed. But I Admit with Eidos giving the boot to Core Design and bringing in crystal dynamics the series has found its spark again. Anniversary was Great

I used to be a big TR fan but then lost interest. What I have seen of this new game though looks very promising... I hope the DLC levels are good and it will be a nice treat in a few months. I wonder how many more games MS has lined up for exclusive DLC? I think Fallout 3, GTAIV and TR are just the tip fo the iceberg.

I'm surprised nobody understands why this was done. Eidos introduced a download only game expansion to Tomb Raider Legend called Tomb Raider Anniversary(I'm aware this is on seperate discs on the PS2). 25% of all Tomb Raider Legend purchasers also purchased Tomb Raider Anniversary through the Xbox Live Marketplace, and that was 1600 MS pojnts($20). Eidos probably sees these numbers as good faith that Xbox users are willing to pay for expansions on Tomb Raider games. The money passed between Eidos and Microsoft is probably nothing substantial.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

It's a decent move I guess, but I think Microsoft may be jumping the gun with this DLC thing. They want it to be a bigger factor than it currently is.

Will you teach me to football?

Around the Network

Im getting fed up with all this competing dlc crap. It does not appeal to me unless it's free, that of course will never happen with M$ involved who unbelievably still charge for theme packs for the dashboard.

I was kind of sort of looking forward to this but this news makes me feel cheated. For the dlc to come so close after the launch it makes me feel like they decided to cut a few levels and sell it later. Is the game so weak that they can't release it later when the game is actually completed and you need to use the Christmas sales rush to get good sales or something?

These newer TR games (I'm talking about Legend and Anniversary) are extremely good. Now that Crystal Dynamics has given the series a reboot, I have been having a really good time with these games. I can't wait for Underworld.

ok more good news for 360 and dual console owner, after Fallout exclusive DLC
now 360 user will get exclusive another 6 hours of TRU, plus confirmation of demo.