By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Here we go again, Dow plunges

Tricky FishyJoe. Nice way to get that topic relevent to game news. Im not convinced though.

Its a bad day hence you should probably consider selling something at some point.

But Nintendo? u got me interested now. Is there a Nth Amer. share or do you mean the japan stock?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Fuck this form dude this really pisses me off everyone blaming it americans i have not done shit to you blame it on the fucking companies or what ever is causes it not the people of america we are not doing shit to you so sdfu? k. thanks

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

The market increasing or dropping has very little to do with the "real" ecconomy and has far more to do with how people are emotionally reacting to the news about the ecconomy ...

In general, sales are going to be down this Christmas but I don't think that will impact games as much as people suspect. You're (likely) going to see most people give slightly fewer gifts and they won't spend as much money on any single gift ... This makes me think that parents will be far less likely to give children TVs for their room or iPods and will focus on smaller gifts (like videogames for systems they own) instead; sales for game systems may remain fairly solid because they make good "family" gifts, and parents may buy the Wii, XBox 360 or PS3 rather than spend the $1,000+ they intended to spend on a TV or a vacation.

Everstar said:
Fuck this form dude this really pisses me off everyone blaming it americans i have not done shit to you blame it on the fucking companies or what ever is causes it not the people of america we are not doing shit to you so sdfu? k. thanks

guys dont ban me for this ....

BUAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAH *takes deap breath*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

megaman79 said:
Tricky FishyJoe. Nice way to get that topic relevent to game news. Im not convinced though.

Its a bad day hence you should probably consider selling something at some point.

But Nintendo? u got me interested now. Is there a Nth Amer. share or do you mean the japan stock?

Try NTDOY, this is the US ADR.

It hasn't moved much today yet but lost  33% of it's value since the beginning of the year. Sony has lost 50% in the same period. 

Midway lost 21% so far today lol....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

I expect many Americans to limit their holiday spending this year. Many people will just get games for their existing system, rather than buy a new system.

People who already own next-gen system will get few games than they were planning on getting. (2-3 games vs 5-6 games) This will hurt sales of second-tier non-AAA games.

Everstar said:

wow, not even spell checker could fix that.

Everstar said:

Well, the real source of the problem is an ideology that is dominant in the United States and present in every major western country ... People have been borrowing far too much money to buy things they don't need while "investing" their money in (amazingly) high risk ventures in order to get rich quick.

Everstar said:

No, you just sit in apathy and assume you live in the greatest country in the world, all while you allow the cooperations to fuck up the world economy, just so they can get even more wealthy. You can choose to keep on allwing your country to work like this, or you can read and speak up. What will be your choice, American? I have a pretty good guess.

Paulson should just give $850 billion back - don't use it.
It did nothing to help the DOW.

Damn Democrats, Republicans, Paulson, McCain and Obama.

Remember those who voted "yes" for the bailout and vote them out this November.