By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have we reached the E305 KZ2 bar?

The real KZ2 has much better lighting, particle effects, and fire than the original CGI trailer. The trailer, however, has somewhat better animations and polygon count, and much better texture resolution.

I'd say we're getting there, no doubt. People mocked Sony for setting the bar too high, promising insane graphics that would crush the other systems. Well, they're reaching those graphics (Heavenly Sword and Uncharted actually exceeded their initial trailers). They certainly didn't set the bar too high for themselves, it's just that nobody expected the 360 to keep pace with the ps3 like it has.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Don't use YOUTUBE.

The quality of the videos are so craptastic, please don't use them people. The less lossy = better, you can actually tell the difference without the compression turning the video into a blended wishy washy mess.

The original Killzone 2 trailer was only ever released in SD, so it doesn't mean much in this case.

Really, that's another way in which the actual Killzone 2 surpasses that trailer.  Resolution!  lulz

makingmusic476 said:
Squilliam said:
Don't use YOUTUBE.

The quality of the videos are so craptastic, please don't use them people. The less lossy = better, you can actually tell the difference without the compression turning the video into a blended wishy washy mess.

The original Killzone 2 trailer was only ever released in SD, so it doesn't mean much in this case.

Really, that's another way in which the actual Killzone 2 surpasses that trailer.  Resolution!  lulz

Youtube videos = free blur filter, free super sampling downsampled from 720P to 230P, and compression artifacts FTW

Tease.

we've all seen the HD version pretty much I was just using them as a memory jog

Better than the 2005 trailer? Have you people forgot what that trailer looked like?

Let me refresh your memory.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/6443.html

Around the Network
halil23 said:
Cueil said:
SpartanFX said:
I think soem parts of the game has exceeded the E3 trailer and some parts like face motion is not quite as smooth,,,,but overall I would say yes

P.S. this thread has been made 1000000000000000000000000000 times.beside why would you care for a PS3 exclusive?you don't own the system why are you worried about it then?

PS: This thread hasn't been made a thousand time since we have games that are actually compairable on both platforms now. It's my fault... the embed didn't work right I linked the youtube videos.

I would like to know that too! Why skip that?

unlike most of you I will eventually own all three console.... I don't have any strong feelings against the PS3 or Sony... I'll probably get the Wii last because of the direction Nintendo is going towards, but eventually I will own a PS3.

Of course not.

But I m wondering why I see some Resistance2 and GoW2 media when I only expected truly specific KZ2 media ...

OH, overall, KZ2 will DESTROY everything on console. The last sc from the beta are already insane.

Time to Work !

libellule said:
Of course not.

But I m wondering why I see some Resistance2 and GoW2 media when I only expected truly specific KZ2 media ...

OH, overall, KZ2 will DESTROY everything on console. The last sc from the beta are already insane.

I don't know... they are porting the crysis engine over to the PS3 and 360... and KZ2 still hasn't shown moving video of anything that really is awsome... darkness is cool and I like grey, but show us some color... green would be nice.

@Cueil,

This is more a question of design that a question of technic then ?

And to me, crysis is big technically, but the design is pretty commun.
and they still have shown nothing on console...

Time to Work !