By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My brother's 360 went RROD, so he bought a new one.

LOL whenever the 360 Red rings it should display a message saying "buy a new one, give this to your family as a present!"

Sales would top the wii!

Around the Network

Well, anything made by Rare could remind you of the Nintendo games. Try Kameo or wait for Banjo.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

FaRmLaNd said:
LOL whenever the 360 Red rings it should display a message saying "buy a new one, give this to your family as a present!"

Sales would top the wii!

Haha. Truth.

My brother's freshly out of high school. He's 18, headstrong, and like the typical teenager, he does just what he feels he wants to without thinking it through first. He suddenly bought the first 360 when he did, and when it went RROD, he never took the time to try seeing if it would work again, or even see if it could be fixed.

Anyhow, I'm going to do the x-clamp fix on it when I get the chance, but for the time being, I've done some simple casemodding to allow better heat escape. I'm probably going to buy an additional external fan (with its own power source - you don't want one that works via USB) to help keep it cool.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
FaRmLaNd said:

Sales would top the wii!

Haha. Truth.

My brother's freshly out of high school. He's 18, headstrong, and like the typical teenager, he does just what he feels he wants to without thinking it through first. He suddenly bought the first 360 when he did, and when it went RROD, he never took the time to try seeing if it would work again, or even see if it could be fixed.

Anyhow, I'm going to do the x-clamp fix on it when I get the chance, but for the time being, I've done some simple casemodding to allow better heat escape. I'm probably going to buy an additional external fan (with its own power source - you don't want one that works via USB) to help keep it cool.

Or you could just send it in and get it repaired for free??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Nice, glad you found a temporary fix :P jk

But Halo 3, Gears of War, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty 2, Tom Clancy Splinter Cell: Double Agent, GTA IV are just some awesome games I could think of I liked off the top of my head that you should get.

Try those out.

Around the Network

@thetonestarr

why not just send it back to MS for repairs? Its free and even launch consoles are still under warranty.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Not when he bought it used from somebody else who'd already voided the warranty.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Considering your signature, you might want to check out the Orange Box...

Mendicate Bias said:
@thetonestarr

why not just send it back to MS for repairs? Its free and even launch consoles are still under warranty.

Too late, he said he already fixed it in the OP.  Now warrenty is void.

oh that sucks, well good luck fixing it although I would have no idea how to go about doing that.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers