By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - One reason I hate living in the south.

Moongoddess256 said:
Oh I know. I kinda wish this country did divide then because even now we are completely divided politically. And especially on social issues. If we had split then the south could have things their way and the north could have things our way. Doesn't sound so bad to me.

Okay, but that makes no sense and wouldn't work whatsoever. If we divided the north and the south, we'd simply have northern states that are conservative (Indiana, Ohio, Montana, the Dakotas, Idaho, I could go on), and southern states that are liberal (New Mexico, California). And what the hell is the point of a country where everyone thinks exactly the same way? I'm not going to go too deep into it since I don't think you're actually serous.

Around the Network

I thought the Bible Belt was the Midwest.

If it makes you feel better I never get to rent good movies because all the people around me seem to rent crap action flicks and teen comedies.

Moongoddess256 said:
konnichiwa said:
makingmusic476 said:
Moongoddess256 said:
I'm thankful I live in the north.

I don't know why the south isn't its own country. We'd all be happier.

Oh we tried, but Lincoln decided to start an illegal war and kill hundreds of thousands of people just so we couldn't. ;)

Are you serious? Or was that some kind of joke?

Well, he did make a ;) face

Euhm does that mean he was serious or not?  Is he doing an rollstopable or not?

haters ....order your books online . Who read anymore anyways :) ! E-books ftw .

MontanaHatchet said:
Moongoddess256 said:
Oh I know. I kinda wish this country did divide then because even now we are completely divided politically. And especially on social issues. If we had split then the south could have things their way and the north could have things our way. Doesn't sound so bad to me.

Okay, but that makes no sense and wouldn't work whatsoever. If we divided the north and the south, we'd simply have northern states that are conservative (Indiana, Ohio, Montana, the Dakotas, Idaho, I could go on), and southern states that are liberal (New Mexico, California). And what the hell is the point of a country where everyone thinks exactly the same way? I'm not going to go too deep into it since I don't think you're actually serous.

You are saying that like it would be a bad thing? I thought that would be good.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Moongoddess256 said:

Well I think California would be part of the Union.  If i remember correctly they were Pro Union in the Civil War.

I once read a book like that.  Was pretty good.  Was an alternate history where the South one the Civil War.  Lincoln was all broken... and they covered how everything went.

Was part of a series... I think it all goes all the way to and past World War 2.  Always wanted to read more of those books but could never remember the name of it.

The same with this book about a Quaker man, who during WW2 is forced to watch his daughter get raped by a prison commandant and strikes out at the guy in anger and then has to reconcile whether or not his faith can really work or if it's a religion of convience.

I can't ever find the names of those books.

Ha when I say south I mean red states basically :\

I first wished this country was split right around when bush was elected... and re-elected. I was sort of thinking fine... if they want him they can have him but NO ONE up here wants him. He has never represented our views in the slightest way. So why did we get stuck with him? Because he was popular in places far away from here.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Welcome to the bastion of religious zealotism and ignorance that is the South.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Moongoddess256 said:
Ha when I say south I mean red states basically :

I first wished this country was split right around when bush was elected... and re-elected. I was sort of thinking fine... if they want him they can have him but NO ONE up here wants him. He has never represented our views in the slightest way. So why did we get stuck with him? Because he was popular in places far away from here.

Then they should change the system;....Maybe somthing like :

Every state choose his own representative.
For important decisions those 50 will vote about it. 
Every month/2 months/3 months....One of those 50 will become the face of USA/President he will be the one who may settle in the white house and go to international meetings.

Would be maybe more fair and better because if their is a dumb one ..you know it will only be for three months but would also make it maybe all to complicated.

konnichiwa said:
Moongoddess256 said:
konnichiwa said:
makingmusic476 said:
Moongoddess256 said:
I'm thankful I live in the north.

I don't know why the south isn't its own country. We'd all be happier.

Oh we tried, but Lincoln decided to start an illegal war and kill hundreds of thousands of people just so we couldn't. ;)

Are you serious? Or was that some kind of joke?

Well, he did make a ;) face

Euhm does that mean he was serious or not?  Is he doing an rollstopable or not?

Well, to be honest, he is more right then wrong. When the colonies created the US, and became states, they did so with an expectation of what there state rights would be. Those rules radically changed, and changed in a way where it negatively impacted the southern states. It got to a point where they said "thanks, but no thanks. Good luck with that US thing, we are going to go another way". Left the group, and started there own country. The US said "sorry, but we need you, so no" and invaded them.

Think of it like if you joined a club where you had to pay $1000 in dues, and after a few years the club moves in a direction you don't like. You then resign from the club, but the owner (who likes your $1000) beats the shit out of you, and says you can't leave, and must pay the grand each year.

That sums up the war. It was a state rights thing, and had nothing to do with slavery (if anyone thinks it did).